DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Must admit, I watched Lewis' bike check & wondered if he realises what he's getting in to & I rate Lewis as a shredder. He's never ridden Hardline before either.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
BK is very good at techy dh stuff & the course at Hardline plays into that. As you say he's won it twice before but I'm backing him in no small part because there's no Gee Atherton this year. All that said, it's a mad dh course & any one of them can bin it without warning. Adam Brayton anyone?
Well, if Gee Atherton had been there like you, I’d have been rooting for him and then the 2022 event would have been really something to look forward to — great to see him back on an exercise bike already!
Adam Brayton is such a cool dude as well as being a brilliant rider. Is this ideal for him? Not sure, but he’s definitely the dark horse. If vlogging counted towards the result, AB’d win hands down ?

Must admit, I watched Lewis' bike check & wondered if he realises what he's getting in to & I rate Lewis as a shredder. He's never ridden Hardline before either.

Yes, Lewis and that bike. He’s been thoughtful about his riding on his vlog recently, so I was glad to see he seemed genuinely committed to his shot at RBH…

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Brayton is a madman. Gastovlog is a good follow. Funny dood. He ate shit today and walked it off like it was nothing. He could win it. Looks like quite a few ard handling quite well. Tomorrow theyll be sessioning the step up to death drop. That should get spicy

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
They all call him Grandad because he's 32. Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.
Rob Warner commentating on AB’s fall in 2017: “Ohhhhh! he’s body checked that tree; poor tree!” ???

AB’s track walk’s well worth a watch if you not got to that yet:

And here’s LB’s:

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Bernard actually looked a bit shaken after his fall. He's normally straight up. Hope he's riding today.

That Red Bull Volvo Sugga looks sweet. Had a friend with one of those years ago. Basically a taxi body on a truck chassis with locking everything, intended as a command/radio car. He rolled his in a quarry once, it was totally unscathed, they're tough !

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Bernard actually looked a bit shaken after his fall. He's normally straight up. Hope he's riding today.

That Red Bull Volvo Sugga looks sweet. Had a friend with one of those years ago. Basically a taxi body on a truck chassis with locking everything, intended as a command/radio car. He rolled his in a quarry once, it was totally unscathed, they're tough !

that cab travels the festivals too, been dancing to its DJ’s tunes until sunrise a few times !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
that cab travels the festivals too, been dancing to its DJ’s tunes until sunrise a few times !
Juts noticed one in the background on Olly Wilkins freedom ride video, wonder if they have a few of them.

Screenshot 2021-07-24 09.57.10.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Quali binned then, one run with every rider tomorrow.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I think it's actually been mellowed out in the top sections a bit. Have to say one of the things I love about this sport is the big dogs all running around with go pros so you get right into the action with them. Going to stick my neck out & go for a BK, Brage & Kade Edwards top three.*

*May come to regret foolish predictions.
Two out of three. Not bad. :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles