Dengfu E55 (Emtb) and E56 (Fat Bike) - New selection of DIY frame

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Here is a picture to clarify my questions.

1) Does the frame go with the battery mounting hardware (the battery connector plate and the battery lock)?

If the frame goes without the battery connector plate and the battery lock can you please provide the part numbers for those parts?

2) Does the flame go with the motor bottom cover and the charging socket?

If the frame goes without the motor bottom cover and without the charging socket can you please provide the part numbers for those parts?

image_2022-12-03_191357113.png image_2022-12-03_193838776.png

Last edited:

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
OK, I think I found the battery mounting hardware part numbers and documentations. Please confirm if this is the correct ones. It looks like they do the batteries cases and probably the mounting hardware with different widths so there is a chance this hardware may be wrong.

The lock assembly

1670132699505.png

The bottom plate assembly

1670132754985.png

1670132780869.png

Full set of parts

1670133774930.png

PS:
OK, I did more research and it looks like they use same lock and same bottom plate for all the batteries widths and frames.

So I believe the parts list for the battery mounting hardware assemblies from the REENTION website should be correct.

Now the main question, if the frame is supplied without the battery mounting hardware, where do I purchase it? I can not find anything on Alibaba, AliExpress or eBay.

Last edited:

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Thank you for the information.

Do you know if this frame goes with the hardware for mounting the battery (like the mounting plate with contacts, the lock mechanism) or the battery mounting hardware should be purchased separately?
If you are buying bicycle frame and battery, we will deliver the battery holder. If you need to purchase batteries by yourself, you should also purchase battery brackets when purchasing bicycle frames.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
If you are buying bicycle frame and battery, we will deliver the battery holder. If you need to purchase batteries by yourself, you should also purchase battery brackets when purchasing bicycle frames.
Can you please explain how I can purchase the frame with 52V 20A 1040wh battery? If I go to this AliExpress page it allows me to choose only the color of the frame but there is no adding the battery option

Last edited:

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Can you please explain how I can purchase the frame with 52V 20A 1040wh battery? If I go to this AliExpress page it allows me to choose only the color of the frame but there is no adding the battery option

The carriage of the frame and the battery is different, so we generally only mount the frame and the whole vehicle. If you want to purchase frames and batteries, you can talk with me on the platform alone, and I will quote you according to your shipping address. It is suggested that you can place an order at our Alibaba International Store and only charge 4% of the platform service fee. More discounts can be discussed in detail with our sales.

Jon A

Apr 24, 2021
WA/MT, US
New selection of DIY frame

Dengfu E55 and E56 will be listed in November, with no purchase restrictions in the world.
Very exciting to see this, Ben! A couple of questions:

From the pictures above, the E55 and E56 are using different length clevis and shocks. Are those the final configurations?

If so, do the two frames have the same travel?

What are the shock sizes for each?

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
The frames have different travels. E55 is EMTB frame with 150mm rear travel. E56 is fat bike frame with 120mm rear travel.

It would be nice to know exact configurations and components list they used to build those bicycles on the pictures.

Jon A

Apr 24, 2021
WA/MT, US
Well that's a bummer. My E06 already has that much. Wattwagons and Biktrix use the same setup for both.

I don't see any differences in the rear triangle from the pictures posted that would require they be different travel--maybe one could purchase the other clevis separately in order to use a longer shock.

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
The frames have different travels. E55 is EMTB frame with 150mm rear travel. E56 is fat bike frame with 120mm rear travel.

It would be nice to know exact configurations and components list they used to build those bicycles on the pictures.
The connecting rod of the E56 is equipped with shock absorbers to ensure that it has a shock stroke of 150MM. The E56 shares the lower rear fork of the E06, but the shock absorbers are completely different from the E06. By the way, the rear shock absorption combination of E56 is announced:
E56:190X45/210X55/230X60
E55:230X60/210X55
At present, the rear shock absorbers of the whole bicycle are: sram 190 * 45mm cylinder 32.3/16.8 bush 90mm
DNM 210 * 55mm cylinder 32.3/16.8 bushing 70mm

Last edited:

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china

The frame and battery can be sold together, but they are shipped separately, resulting in complex freight calculation. The reuse rate of freight template is extremely low. You can provide the information of your country. I will make the purchase link of the frame and battery you need separately, and then you can place an order.

Jon A

Apr 24, 2021
WA/MT, US
By the way, the rear shock absorption combination of E56 is announced:
E56:190X45/210X55
Thanks for the info Ben. Just to confirm I'm translating correctly, if one orders an E56 frame he can specify if he wants it set up for a 190X45 or a 210X55mm shock? Do you plan to have an Aliexpress listing with these options or should one contact you directly?

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Thanks for the info Ben. Just to confirm I'm translating correctly, if one orders an E56 frame he can specify if he wants it set up for a 190X45 or a 210X55mm shock? Do you plan to have an Aliexpress listing with these options or should one contact you directly?
Different rear shock absorber sizes need different connecting rods. Please note the rear shock absorber sizes when placing an order, and tell me it is OK. If there is no note by default, we configure matching 230 × 60. We will provide the choice of shock absorption size for the follow-up product link.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Good for the North American market for sure. I just hope the 20ah battery is more up top snuff than the 48v 840wh one that comes stock on the E22/E10. 52v is a plus as I find that the M620 likes that voltage better than 48v but also got a huge improvement in range/low v performance with the 21700 cell batteryw/ 40A bms I replaced the stock one with.
It looks like you may be able to fit 14s10p 52v battery out of 21700 cells in this frame. The cells should be oriented horizontally and placed in 30 deg shifted pattern in 5 rows (5 rows 2 columns each unit of the series connection). In this case it is going to be innormous 2600Wh 52V 50Ah battery capable to deliver 90-100 Amperes continuously. If you combine this with 3000 W innotrace X1 Bafang m620 motor and Kindernay VII gearhub it is going to be a clean looking monstrous hotrod EMTB capable to go 35-40 mph average for long distance.

Last edited:

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
It looks like you may be able to fit 14s10p 52v battery out of 21700 cells in this frame. The cells should be oriented horizontally and placed in 30 deg shifted pattern in 5 rows (5 rows 2 columns each unit of the series connection). In this case it is going to be innormous 2600Wh 52V 50Ah battery capable to deliver 90-100 Amperes continuously. If you combine this with 3000 W innotrace X1 Bafang m620 motor and Kindernay VII gearhub it is going to be a clean looking monstrous hotrod EMTB capable to go 35-40 mph average for long distance.
Do you have a photo of what this would look like, a 2600wh battery sounds crazy for a bike like this. Better yet use cells like the vapecell f58 if you can find them yet, 10p would be 58ah and 125a with around 2900wh. I also always wondered why people don't do that horizontal orientation on the e22, does that frame not have enough width?

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA

Do you have a photo of what this would look like, a 2600wh battery sounds crazy for a bike like this. Better yet use cells like the vapecell f58 if you can find them yet, 10p would be 58ah and 125a with around 2900wh. I also always wondered why people don't do that horizontal orientation on the e22, does that frame not have enough width?
Yes, here is an example of 14S10P pack of 21700 cells should fit. If the frame opening is not large enough to steer the solid battery brick around the corners it can be 14S10P split battery with flexible joint (2 of 7S10P batteries connected in series with 2 flexible high current cables and BMS balancing wires).

The Dengfu e55 frame width is around 100mm so 71 mm long 21700 cells fit horizontally easy (this is how the stock 1040 Wh battery for this frame is packed)

image_2022-12-14_225047973.png image_2022-12-14_225229554.png image_2022-12-14_225902475.png

Last edited:

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Yes, here is an example of 14S10P pack of 21700 cells should fit. If the frame opening is not large enough to steer the solid battery brick around the corners it can be 14S10P split battery with flexible joint (2 of 7S10P batteries connected in series with 2 flexible high current cables and BMS balancing wires).

The Dengfu e55 frame width is around 100mm so 71 mm long 21700 cells fit horizontally easy (this is how the stock 1040 Wh battery for this frame is packed)

View attachment 103087 View attachment 103088 View attachment 103089
Looks interesting, although I personally doubt you can fit that many cells. But how would you solve the issue with the lid that is integrated as part of the battery not of the frame? Also curious how to securely attach and hold the battery in place

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Looks interesting, although I personally doubt you can fit that many cells. But how would you solve the issue with the lid that is integrated as part of the battery not of the frame? Also curious how to securely attach and hold the battery in place
The lid is separate part (part number is Reention PLA0416). Just attach the lid to the battery or to the frame. You can figure out how to attach it using velcro or design some simple 3D printed parts to fixture the lid to the frame.

The battery can be hold in place with some custom 3D printed brackets or something or can just rest on the lid attached to the frame.
image_2022-12-15_071407950.png

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
An M620 bike is heavy enough without that big of a battery. I get 30+ miles easily out of my standard case 52v 780wh 21700 cell battery from DingTai and although I have two batteries and a way to carry the spare easily on the bike the reality is I have only done one ride requiring it. For day to day use that much battery would be overkill for me at least but if you feel you need it and ride 50+ mile rides on a regular basis then good on ya.

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Here is a picture to clarify my questions.

1) Does the frame go with the battery mounting hardware (the battery connector plate and the battery lock)?

If the frame goes without the battery connector plate and the battery lock can you please provide the part numbers for those parts?

2) Does the flame go with the motor bottom cover and the charging socket?

If the frame goes without the motor bottom cover and without the charging socket can you please provide the part numbers for those parts?

View attachment 102513 View attachment 102518
E55 and E56 brackets cannot be retailed temporarily. It is recommended that the frame and battery be purchased together, and the brackets will be delivered. The bottom motor cover is supplied with the motor.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
The bottom motor cover is supplied with the motor.
It looks like the motor has two covers. Here is the image for reference. The blue line indicates the standard Bafang m620 cover and it can be purchased separately and this part in not part of the frame, it is a part of the motor and is a standard accessory Bafang fabricates for m620 motor.

But the bottom cover (indicated with the red line) does not look like standard Bafang m620 motor accessory.

So you are saying the motor bottom cover is a standard part of Bafang m620 motor and not part of the frame? I never saw such part or Bafang m620 accessory before and never saw an option to purchase a Bafang m620 motor with such bottom cover. What is that bottom cover part number and who fabricates that cover? Bafang?

That bottom cover looks like a custom cover designed specifically for this frame and should be probably a part of the frame. You can see on the second picture it is even painted in the same color as the frame. If this bottom cover (the red line indicated area) is not part of the frame could you please let us know where this cover can be purchased alone (I mean without the motor in case I already have a Bafang m620 motor so I don't need to purchase another Bafang m620 motor just to have this cover)?

image_2022-12-15_233727798.png

image_2022-12-15_235500798.png

Last edited:

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
It looks like the motor has two covers. Here is the image for reference. The blue line indicates the standard Bafang m620 cover and it can be purchased separately and this part in not part of the frame, it is a part of the motor and is a standard accessory Bafang fabricates for m620 motor.

But the bottom cover (indicated with the red line) does not look like standard Bafang m620 motor accessory.

So you are saying the motor bottom cover is a standard part of Bafang m620 motor and not part of the frame? I never saw such part or Bafang m620 accessory before and never saw an option to purchase a Bafang m620 motor with such bottom cover. What is that bottom cover part number and who fabricates that cover? Bafang?

That bottom cover looks like a custom cover designed specifically for this frame and should be probably a part of the frame. You can see on the second picture it is even painted in the same color as the frame. If this bottom cover (the red line indicated area) is not part of the frame could you please let us know where this cover can be purchased alone (I mean without the motor in case I already have a Bafang m620 motor so I don't need to purchase another Bafang m620 motor just to have this cover)?

View attachment 103129

View attachment 103130
Other businesses may only sell the side motor cover. Bafang usually sells the side motor cover. The motor we ordered even has the bottom motor cover. So when we sell the motor, the bottom motor cover also belongs to the motor kit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles