E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Raceface Aeffect cranks is another recommendation @timal 👍🏿

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
Raceface Aeffect cranks is another recommendation @timal 👍🏿
thank you Neeko, unfortunately they are out of stock and only 170mm, no 150/152mm

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
The man likes Magura brakes. But what if their high end one finger brake levers do not come with brake cut off sensors. No problems. The man will make one from scratch since over the shelve magnetic sensors don’t work well with Magura levers. I will have to sharpie the bare metal some more to make it look better on high def photos. 😅

A76BF335-D9FE-44C6-89C8-C7C22740B54B.jpeg

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
I came to realize my stock dpc18 display won’t fit on my 35mm handle bar at the middle like it is supposed to be. My eggrider had been acting up with Bluetooth connecting issue. Any suggestions?

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
I went pretty much immediately to the Miranda 150mm cranks and never looked back after 25 yrs. of using 170mm. The M620 rewards an active spin and they help facilitate that as well as ground clearance on a bike with 150mm of travel.
So , quick feedback before receiving them, Miranda cranks were ordered yesterday online 150mm, shipped today, arriving in Australia on Monday :) Efficient. Shipping and prices were very reasonable. Thanks for the tip @Mabman here is the LinkMIRANDA 150mm CRANK set

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Word to the wise. The Mirandas are pretty soft and you will need to keep an eye on the bolts during break in. You can also put some blue loctite on the bolt threads when they get settled in.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
So after a couple hundred miles on the WTB HTZ wheelset am reporting them to be a success.

Can't really get all the scientific because I am not that guy but what sticks out to me the most is how little they deflect off roots and rocks. Either that or the custom Race Face ARC 35 wheels I had on before were awfully flexy?

In a way it makes sense on a FS bike with this much travel to not have to depend much on how much "compliance" you are really benefiting from? So a wheelset that is built to be stout as hell can be firm and let the suspension do the work. Sure they are not all that weight conscious but neither is my bike, or me for that matter. And let's face it with an E22 weight is not as important, even rotating as it has plenty of snot to move things along.

Also in honor of the winter months I fit them with a 2.3 fr/2.6 rear @ 18psi as I find thinner tires to be better for the terrain here which is a mix of rooted forest track, logging roads and sand trails. But so far they have not made me feel sketched in any situation that I have put them trough so I am calling it a win.

Got a good deal on a mullet set of ARC's with DT hubs on offer!

Now if they would just get a decent hub/hybrid gear thing going that would hold up I could get rid of having to clean out my der cage.....

Dune Grass Cloggage.jpg

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
Hi guys, I received my frame today from dengfu factory. And let's be honest, it is impressive in real! I picked the glossy version and it looks perfect. I only have one issue, I got no manual or guidance to put back all the bolts washers and rubber seals that hold the swing arm. How did you guys managed to deal with that? Thanks a lot for any support.

IMG_20221110_145542.jpg IMG_20221110_145632.jpg IMG_20221110_145741.jpg IMG_20221110_150308.jpg IMG_20221110_150315.jpg IMG_20221110_150325.jpg

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
This is the part of your frame that interests me the most

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 3.16.25 AM.png

Looks to me like someone convinced DengFu to get rid of the dinky DC plug and go with a Rosenberg type connection for the charge port. This is a move I am currently considering because of the fact that it would allow for charging at higher Amps, I use a Grin Satiator that I can customize up to 10A, that I never would trust to the DC barrel type.

I looked online for somewhere to buy a Rosenberg system but they seem elusive. I sent a request to the manufacturer to see if they could help with a supplier but no answer yet. I figure it won't be that hard to convert but also considering abandoning the stock spot and moving the charge port to the non drive side upper down tube across from the switch/battery lock? Haven't really looked inside there but should be enough room? Work in progress......

timal

Sep 21, 2022
australia
This is the part of your frame that interests me the most

View attachment 101196

Looks to me like someone convinced DengFu to get rid of the dinky DC plug and go with a Rosenberg type connection for the charge port. This is a move I am currently considering because of the fact that it would allow for charging at higher Amps, I use a Grin Satiator that I can customize up to 10A, that I never would trust to the DC barrel type.

I looked online for somewhere to buy a Rosenberg system but they seem elusive. I sent a request to the manufacturer to see if they could help with a supplier but no answer yet. I figure it won't be that hard to convert but also considering abandoning the stock spot and moving the charge port to the non drive side upper down tube across from the switch/battery lock? Haven't really looked inside there but should be enough room? Work in progress......
Excuse my 8gnorance, but what is the Rosenberg thing?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Don't go there with the Rosenberger connectors, incredibly expensive for what they are, huge in size, have far too many nooks and crannies for mud and dust to accumulate in and the biggest pain is they are magnetic. I have a working workshop and as fast as I clear the connector from metal filings ( I really do not know where they come from ) there's another bunch hanging off the charger plug :rolleyes: .

I bought mine off the UK supplier for the Fazua charger I built, I just searched Google with the part number and they came up as suppliers.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I have asked Dengfu about the charge port variations between certain E22 frames as well as E10 frames.

The reason why Dengfu have opted to run the charge port location on the none driveside (above the motor/along the seat tube), is purely for cosmetic reasons. They explain that having the charge port located above the motor mount area on the E22, would interfere with the bottle cage. Thus, they paired both the E22 and E10v2 with the same position. Coupled with the fact that both the E22 and E10 (and E23) share the same battery designs and form factor, Dengfu explained that distributors and dealers won't have to order a specific part unique to a particular frame.

As for the cut out of the charge port location, Dengfu explained that this is following from the choice of the respective distributor. A distributor can opt to have a particular style of charge port, in conjunction with a particular charger style.

20220402_171756.jpg

Referencing my E22 purchased from Carbon Cycle, they opted for the standard 5.5 x 2.1 mm DC barrel connector.

20220402_171805.jpg

Same thing goes with the E10v1.

20221029_162324.jpg

Its difficult to make out on the v2 E10,
Screenshot_20221110-222332_Gallery.jpg

But the charge port cut out does indicate the choice of either a 5.5 x 2.1 mm DC barrel connector, a 3Prong Female Head 8mm x 2mm or an XLR Male 18mm x 5.5 x 2.1mm could have been used.

Or the Rosenberg style 😄

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
I installed my front wheel with magura brakes and the bolt which connects the hose to the caliper is very near to the spokes, there is cca a good one mm of space between them. Perhaps is it possible to put the hose on the left side of the caliper (where my finger is pointing) or is this hole only for servicing?
20221111_154614.jpg

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Man I am loving this bike. Everytime I ride it, it's KOMs. I got 9 on this ride. And this is at one of the most popular MTB trail networks on this side of the continent.

Stupid Kindernay Shifter has stopped shifting up gears now aswell. Think the fluid has leaked out. Hoping a re-bleed will fix it.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/atvk6SNDTub

Screenshot_20221112-213843_Strava.jpg

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
I got mine from
EggRider and cold weather warning!! I have experienced the failed Bluetooth connection to my iPhone when the temperature was below 55ish degree F. Apparently, EggRider is aware of the problem and has a form for customers to fill out when they experience it. They claimed it was a hardware problem with the Bluetooth antenna when the ambient temp was low. The problem/work around is reproducible . Warm the display with a heat gun or hair drier up to 60F ad it will connect again. When it cools off, the connection is lost. It seems to affect the newer batch of EggRider with the black top button liked mine. I’m waiting for their remedy for the issue.

Anyone here experienced this problem?

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
Trail maiden ride on Sunday with the boys. 20 miles trail ride with a lot of climbing and some downhill single track. It worked great. My buddy’s new 2022 turbo levo had a snapped chain, mishap repair causing chain drop toward the spikes, then a tumble causing damage to the thumb remote (No longer working), problem connecting to the phone for setting changes etc.

545C7E5F-B52A-4A89-B7C1-D3A3865B16FB.jpeg 50769D34-F995-454A-84E6-85ADD112D936.jpeg

HIDrive

Sep 7, 2022
PNW Washington
EggRider and cold weather warning!! I have experienced the failed Bluetooth connection to my iPhone when the temperature was below 55ish degree F. Apparently, EggRider is aware of the problem and has a form for customers to fill out when they experience it. They claimed it was a hardware problem with the Bluetooth antenna when the ambient temp was low. The problem/work around is reproducible . Warm the display with a heat gun or hair drier up to 60F ad it will connect again. When it cools off, the connection is lost. It seems to affect the newer batch of EggRider with the black top button liked mine. I’m waiting for their remedy for the issue.

Anyone here experienced this problem?
I have experienced this exact same issue on android! When I was originally setting up the bike I did all the initial changes inside my warm living room but as soon as I had the bike out on the trails and wanted to do some fine tuning, connecting was VERY hit or miss. I'll be tracking down the form to submit my issue as well. Other than this connection issue I love everything else about the eggrider V2.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
What chainrings do you people run for trail riding?

I am looking to be able to have a good climbing gear but also to be able to hit ~50kph on the flat if need be.

I am learning towards 38-40t in the front, which will be paired with 11-48 at the back. To my understanding this setup should be sufficient for even the steepest climbs provided higher PAS levels(≥1000w) will be used.

What is your experience on this?

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia

I am looking to be able to have a good climbing gear but also to be able to hit ~50kph on the flat if need be.

I am learning towards 38-40t in the front, which will be paired with 11-48 at the back. To my understanding this setup should be sufficient for even the steepest climbs provided higher PAS levels(≥1000w) will be used.

Use the standard 44t

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
Isn't 44 a bit of an overkill? What's the benefit of having such a huge chainring? Seems like this would not be ideal for climbing...
I've been curious about this too. I'll bet its alright with the fancy schmancy kindernay transmission and its 543% range plus the ability to adjust that range via the rear sprocket selection.

The only reason I've chimed in is to make sure we get a measure we can compare in the real world.

my bike at max rpm in first gear
38f 50r = 8mph
1668547781682.png

check out my video including a very steep climb and descent! I am in 2nd gear for most of it.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia

I've been curious about this too. I'll bet its alright with the fancy schmancy kindernay transmission and its 543% range plus the ability to adjust that range via the rear sprocket selection.

The only reason I've chimed in is to make sure we get a measure we can compare in the real world.

38f 50r = 8mph
View attachment 101558
check out my video including a very steep climb and descent! I am in 2nd gear for most of it.
I used the 44t before I had the kindernay. I used it with a 11-50 9 spd and it was the perfect ratio.

With the kindernay, 44t front, into 22t rear, I never ever use the lowest gears. I generally use the middle gears or higher gears. Which works out to overall gear range of 2:1 or higher.

Last edited:

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Isn't 44 a bit of an overkill? What's the benefit of having such a huge chainring? Seems like this would not be ideal for climbing...
It's the standard size chainring for the bike. And it works out to be a really good size for standard wide range groupsets.

You really don't need any smaller at the front when you have the bafang ultra.

You can still climb with the 44t, it really doesn't shift the gearing that far that it makes it unrideable.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Als

38f 50r = 8mph
View attachment 101558
. The kindernay is

38f 50r = 8mph
View attachment 101558
Also the kindernay vii is only 427% ratio range. Which is less than all the common wide range 1x groups these days. So front chainring sizing is slightly more important. There is no way I would use any smaller than 44t at the front if this bike. (Coupled with a 22t rear cog into the kindernay)

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
thanks Bram, you owe us some trail footage! I think of myself as a skilled rider but here amongst all the hills trees rocks ands roots you'd be hard pressed to exceed 25kph for more than a blink. what do your trails look like?
You seem to get very good range considering the speed you carry. You must be quite fit!

Last edited:

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
thanks Bram, you owe us some trail footage! I think of myself as a skilled rider but here amongst all the hills trees rocks ands roots you'd be hard pressed to exceed 25kph for more than a blink. what do your trails look like?
You seem to get very good range considering the speed you carry. You must be quite fit!
The trails that I ride are in the Western Australian scarp hills, primarily kalamunda / mundaring area. They are usually dry, orange gravel. Mostly made of small round orange rocks, and large chunky rock. They are loose over hard type terrain, and not the best for cornering grip, unless banked/berms.

The trails that I like and seam to get good results with this bike are fast flow down hill single track. These e22 bikes are excellent at high speed trails. They handle high speed cornering very well, which I think is in large part due to the very long rear chain stay length. It naturally gives very good F/R weight distribution. Which gives great front wheel grip. The bikes are very stable at speed. And that is a perfect match for these bafang ultras which have the power to keep you moving at those high speeds.

I have coil spring front fork and rear shock on mine. Which gives a very planted feel over chattery terrain. And it makes the bike track very well over high speed chatter. Although at the expense of some progression ramp up on big G-outs, drops and jumps. Again, I think that is a perfect match for the type of stuff the e22 does well.

I dont have any footage of my riding, but I'll see if I can link some youtube footage of the trails I ride. So you can see the type of terrain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles