Delays with Bosch Parts fulfillment

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
Been waiting over 2 months for a replacement CX motor on my 2018 Bulls Monster, Bosch USA not getting motors anytime soon. Wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?
After 3 weeks couldn’t stand it anymore so bought a new Haibike Full FatSix 10.0 with Yamaha motor, loving this bike!
When Bosch finally fulfills my warranty claim the Bulls is being sold. Don’t get me wrong, rode the devil out of this bike just a little concerned Bosch isn’t meeting its fulfillment needs on replacement parts.

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
Update, guess the problem is QBP who has taking over Parts Fulfillment in the US for Bosch, was supposed to increase capacity and shorten turnaround times for ordering parts; THAT’S NOT HAPPENING. Thank you Covid.... RIDE ON!

lcarron

Jun 1, 2019
Las vegas
I’m on the same boat. 2 months later I’m still waiting for Bosch to ship a replacement to the dealer.

I’m pretty pissed for sure.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Sounds like its an industry wide thing not specific to motors or one company. Bikes , parts and motors are all in short supply. Im trying to chill and make do just riding the lift. Miss going for more of a pedal though so ordered a 2021 commencal meta 29 essential today. Scared i have to send my motor away and be bike less

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Just received this email from Bosch:

Hi Jay,

Thank you for contacting Bosch eBike Service!

We are currently experiencing delays in shipping for certain replacement parts, the CX Drive Unit being one of those parts. I see that the ETA for the CX DU at our service partner in the US is 8/11/2020. The drive unit will then be programmed by the team there and sent out. It then generally takes just a few business days for that new DU to arrive at the shop. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via phone (833) BOSCH-EB (267-2432) or email at [email protected] . Please reference your case number xxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,

Channing

Inside Technical Rep. TL

Bosch eBike Service

lcarron

Jun 1, 2019
Las vegas
My dealer received the replacement CX motor from Bosch America. Unfortunately they did not send the brackets. Need to wait another week.

Those are a bunch of imbeciles.

I’m not sure what is next.
Next time I will buy the bearing repair kit. That will be faster. So deceiving.

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
My dealer received the replacement CX motor from Bosch America. Unfortunately they did not send the brackets. Need to wait another week.

Those are a bunch of imbeciles.

I’m not sure what is next.
Next time I will buy the bearing repair kit. That will be faster. So deceiving.

That suck!

Sold my Bulls with the Bosch CX gen 3, loving the Yamaha on the Haibike.

I’ll avoid Bosch in the future, good luck Icarron.

Ride on!

lcarron

Jun 1, 2019
Las vegas
They received the motor two weeks ago but they can’t mount it. The dealer claims that this is the new gen 4 replacing the gen 3. At least this is what Bosch told him.
I asked few questions over the phone and I said that the gen4 is not compatible with the gen3. This was not making any sense.

Anyway I went there to see it and it is not a gen 4. I’m attaching the picture there.
Anyway the mounting bracket does not fit on the Trek Powerfly 9.7. This is the second one they receive from Bosch and they will get the third mounting bracket on Friday.

I’m not sure what to do anymore.
IMG_9020.jpg

IMG_9019.jpg

lcarron

Jun 1, 2019
Las vegas
Bike is fixed now after Trek sent the missing bracket.
Nice to have it back. Motor run good. For how long? Maybe an other 2,000 miles.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles