Part for Bosch CX Gen 4 Motor

jonathanbaird

Jun 8, 2022
West Yorkshire
Hi. Does anybody know what this part is called on the Bosch CX Gen 4 motor by any chance please? The thread has stripped on mine so consequently, the screw will no longer screw in for the motor cover which leaves the cover loose at the bottom and somewhat open to the elements! I have contacted Bosch but heard nothing back yet but I cannot find the part I'm looking for anywhere online! Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's purely just the metal plate that I'm looking for.

s-l1600.png

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I don't think it matters too much that the cover is loose,it's not watertight or even dust proof when it's fully tightened down.

Mine gets absolutely full of crap in there despite tightening down properly.

TappedOut59

Jun 8, 2022
USA
As a Machinist myself, you also have couple of options to fix, but may require you to take to a local machine shop.
1. Drill and Tap for a steel thread insert such as Helicoil, to match the size of the screw.
This requires hand drill, correct drill bit, tap to cut threads and the insert.
2. If OEM screw is long enough can drill out hole to fit a Self Clinching Nut (PemNut) on backside of the bracket.
This can be done with a hand drill, correct drill bit and a good vise to press it in.
3. Drill and tap for the next larger size bolt, if will work with the cover.

Good to use anti-seize (cheap) on all bolts especially if bolts or nuts or threads are stainless steel as the tend to gall or seize up and strip threads.

In the USA McMaster Carr is good source for these items.

Larry

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
@Bearing Man should know.

We can fit threadserts into these cases, or if too bad change the whole cover. But if it's just the captivated nut that has stripped on the back of the aluminium plate, we have good condition used ones in stock (Bosch do not have stock of new ones at this time 09/06/22).

jonathanbaird

Jun 8, 2022
West Yorkshire
We can fit threadserts into these cases, or if too bad change the whole cover. But if it's just the captivated nut that has stripped on the back of the aluminium plate, we have good condition used ones in stock (Bosch do not have stock of new ones at this time 09/06/22).

Hi and thank you for your reply. I've had a look on your website but I cannot see the part that I'm looking for, to confirm it is the full aluminium "triangle" I am after as the hole for the Bosch casing cover is stripped. I've circled the problem hole below. Are you saying that you carry these used plates in stock?

s-l1600.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles