Decoy sizing help

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
Hi all,
im evaluating a Decoy.

I’m 1.9m tall, so right in the middle of xl and xxl. Which sizing would you recommend and why?

Thanks.

Highway

Mar 3, 2019
Oslo
Hi

Im 184 and rides a XL, think it's perfect but that's for me. What reach do you have on your current bike or what do you like?

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
I currently have a 480 reach on both my bikes (Sender XL and Levo XL), Decoy XL is 475, XXL 495.

I care most about getting the bike that helps me most on descents. I am a beginner.

Highway

Mar 3, 2019
Oslo
I have ridden Levo XL 2019 and that's the one I would have buy if I would buy a Levo, Decoy have a bit more sloped toptube than Levo and therefor you will end up with a really long seatpost.

I have attached a picture on my bike and I will measure what hight I have the saddle

decoy II.jpeg

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
At 190cm I’d get the XXL. I’m 195cm with an XXL and it does not feel as big as it sounds on paper. Keep in mind a lot of brands XL bikes are longer than this.

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
At 186 cm I picked XL based on recommendation, but feel that would prefer a longer reach. Just bought a longer stem to test, as I ended up with the bar rolled a bit too much forward to fit me better. Just my personal feel. Remember, the supplied stem is 40 mm long so you can go shorter if the fit feels a little bit too long. Something I would likely do if I went with XXL. It is a tough decision without ability to try.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
I currently have a 480 reach on both my bikes (Sender XL and Levo XL), Decoy XL is 475, XXL 495.

I care most about getting the bike that helps me most on descents. I am a beginner.

Sounds like you should go for XXL for the most decent focused bike if that's all you care about. I'm 188cm with shorter legs and monkey arms. I have just ordered an XL as its closer in reach numbers to the bike it will be replacing for trail duties amongst other things. I also have another decent focused bike with a 490 reach and felt I didn't need to go longer than that especially when I am intending to use the Decoy for a much broader range of uses.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles