Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Will do. It'll be a few days yet - I'm waiting for a few bits to turn up for the fork so I can service it before it goes on the bike.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Not the exact one I've got I wouldn't think. This is a 29" Yari RC with 100mm axle, I think you'd struggle with a tyre that wide.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Not hanging about though. New seals throughout, just waiting for he postman to bring the fork oil now.

gNm_626S.jpg large.jpg

Whytey

Oct 10, 2020
Yorkshire
Not a good sign for those of us still awaiting stock, I've had my stock alerts disabled and also noticed the bike is no longer listed on the Decathlon site :(

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Not a good sign for those of us still awaiting stock, I've had my stock alerts disabled and also noticed the bike is no longer listed on the Decathlon site :(
Looks like that it then. No sign anywhere even on old links I had set up.
Feel sorry for anyone still chasing one of these as they are a great bike-I speak from personal experience and lucky enough to have been in on the early days (although the ee only been around a short while).
Let's hope it's just Decathlon regrouping and can then provide a better buying experience for what is probably one of their best sellers ever.
Good Luck everyone.

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Mine came with the 85nm software but enabled in the wrong mode. It was set to road bike and 75nm, giving sport rather than emtb. Trip to LBS, a couple of minutes and £20 later and it’s put right.

My rear shock making black hydraulic fluid also, currently in my local decathlon for assessment, which is shock off and sent back to manufacturer for repair/replacement.

I have to say decathlon have been very, very good in handling my problems so far. No complaints at all and agreed, it’s a fabulous bike for my use and I’m missing it greatly at the moment.

LordSpam

Oct 14, 2020
UK
I'm really hoping its a someone said in an earlier post there is a new model coming, this is the only way I'm ever going to afford an emtb.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I'm really hoping its a someone said in an earlier post there is a new model coming, this is the only way I'm ever going to afford an emtb.

I thought it was my best bet at an emtb too the plan was Stilus + new fork which took the bike to about 3k and a little bit. But then I Saw the Canyon/YT cycle to work scheme with that 32% off for me for a few hundred more I couldpick up a sorted bike from a company that sell bikes.

LordSpam

Oct 14, 2020
UK
I thought it was my best bet at an emtb too the plan was Stilus + new fork which took the bike to about 3k and a little bit. But then I Saw the Canyon/YT cycle to work scheme with that 32% off for me for a few hundred more I couldpick up a sorted bike from a company that sell bikes.

Sadly my cycle to work scheme is rubbish and the company won't change it.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Current version is now gone and discontinued. BUT reply from my contact:

Hello Rob,

Good to hear from you.

It will be back!

Beginning of 2021 with a slightly changed version based on the feedback we got on the v1.

Unfortunately nothing more until then, we didn't expect it to be such a hit, and production capacity is now problematic for all the bike manufacturers as you know.

Regards,”

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Tough for everyone who didn't get one but it really only needs a few tweaks to be a killer bike. The wait could be a blessing in disguise because you know, you have to take the positives...

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales

Hello Rob,

Good to hear from you.

It will be back!

Beginning of 2021 with a slightly changed version based on the feedback we got on the v1.

Unfortunately nothing more until then, we didn't expect it to be such a hit, and production capacity is now problematic for all the bike manufacturers as you know.

Regards,”
Wow, welcome to the Stilus v1 exclusive owners club.
I will keep it with my collection of rocking horse S#@t and hens teeth!

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Hi, where can we check if the bike comes with the 75 or 85Nm?
Just by the version number of the software, or any other way?
My understanding is that you have to get it plugged in. What modes have you got?
Just look at the software version. Hold + and - down while you turn the bike on. You're looking for 1.1.0.0 motor version or later I think. While in this screen you can also alter the display brightness with + and - ??

Last edited:

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire

Hello Rob,

Good to hear from you.

It will be back!

Regards,”
Will that make mine a collectors item now...LOL

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Just look at the software version. Hold + and - down while you turn the bike on. You're looking for 1.1.0.0 motor version or later I think. While in this screen you can also alter the display brightness with + and - ??

Mine arrived with 1.1.0.0

It had 75nm road bike loaded when plugged in.

As I said, you need to plug it in.

I didn't take a good look at the options on the screen but from memory there were four. 75/85 and road/emtb. Mine was highlighted as 75 and road. Click the button to highlight 85/emtb and you're good. A couple of minutes later and I'm away happy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles