Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

NCB

Aug 31, 2020
Uk
Strangely got a stock alert on Saturday and managed to get a medium in my basket. Unfortunately I couldn’t check out!!!! Now it’s been removed and I couldn’t finish the transaction.
very annoying!!

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
On the decathlon website there was a stilus spare part page with a link from the main stilus page.
the link has gone :( does it still exist and anyone know where to find it ?
also i seem to remember a link to a spare derailleur hanger anyone still got it ?

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
On the decathlon website there was a stilus spare part page with a link from the main stilus page.
the link has gone :( does it still exist and anyone know where to find it ?
also i seem to remember a link to a spare derailleur hanger anyone still got it ?
it's still there (click assistance link, then spare parts)
Direct link:

edit to say, no rear hanger on there though :(

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Cane Creek progressive spring works very well. It’s a keeper.

416C4355-4AD6-48AC-B351-4337D39A8DC0.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Now that you've converted the worlds cheapest FS EMTB bike into the worlds most expensive FS EMTB bike .... Will you be doing a thread where you do the opposite ? ;):LOL:

The Stylus is continuing to look like "The bike of 2020".
Yes it kinda defeats the purpose of buying a cheap bike! The only thing that really needs doing (to turn it into a bike you can ride faster than stock without crashing it lots!) is a better fork, 29er front wheel to mullet it out and better tyres.

The rest is superfluous ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Oh, is that all??? :ROFLMAO:

Is there a build thread for yours?
Well, what do you expect for £2699?! With the above mods it’s still well under £4K and I personally I can ride it faster than a bike twice the price (doesn’t look as good though ?)

no build thread but I did a YouTube video with some upgrades

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Crash less you say? I'm in. ?

Done a good few miles lately & starting to think I can't live with the fork. I think that might go soon or I wonder could I swap the damper for something plusher??

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Done a good few miles lately & starting to think I can't live with the fork. I think that might go soon or I wonder could I swap the damper for something plusher??
[/QUOTE]
all healed ? Are you bunny hopping down hills again?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'm not really, thanks for asking. Enough that I can ride & it is going in the right direction but I have to be very careful, I really can't afford to bin it again any time soon, so not much in the way of shredding, just steady miles. Also trying to use the eeb to balance out regaining fitness with actually enjoyable riding so i can put the acoustic to good use.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
all healed ? Are you bunny hopping down hills again?
[/QUOTE]
Is there no easy mods for the forks, stiction seams to be caused from bushing from what I've read, has nobody found a remedy for it yet

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Seeing a few videos suggesting there's a fair few from around Jan 2020 manufacturing date where the stiction is caused by machining errors in the lowers & SRAM replacing them without complaint.

japonte

Aug 15, 2020
Switzerland
Hi I just got my size M Stilus last saturday after ordering last monday, super fast. Got it delivered through my nearby store, after taking it home i found some minor issues. Long brakes, "SPORT" mode, and this last scratch on the fork. I don't want to return my bike, because obviously i would not get a new one right away or just probably get my money back. I looked up on Fox 35 cost, it is somewhere around 400-500ish.. Thinking of sending an email to see if I could get that amount back to buy it new or see if they can just send a new fork. What do you guys think? Had anyone a similar problem? And also is the damage on the fork grave?
IMG_0864.jpg

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Did a charge last night and looked at my range at full charge , it’s saying only 24 Miles range this morning, in eco mode ?? Any ideas ?
My ECO range after a full charge is now 77 miles and I’ve never seen it that high. I was carrying some precious cargo on my way home (beer) so I was taking it pretty easy but still had to double check that I’d not switched it from miles to kilometres by accident. Like Rob says it seems pretty pointless, I’ve started heading home prematurely on a few occasions only for the range to start steadily going back up again.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hi I just got my size M Stilus last saturday after ordering last monday, super fast. Got it delivered through my nearby store, after taking it home i found some minor issues. Long brakes, "SPORT" mode, and this last scratch on the fork. I don't want to return my bike, because obviously i would not get a new one right away or just probably get my money back. I looked up on Fox 35 cost, it is somewhere around 400-500ish.. Thinking of sending an email to see if I could get that amount back to buy it new or see if they can just send a new fork. What do you guys think? Had anyone a similar problem? And also is the damage on the fork grave? View attachment 40779
Crap . Thats a major fault in a brand new bike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This MTBR thread is quite good to see what's inside the RS 35.

Fast Suspension say they have a damper for the 35 Gold - not sure what's on the Stilus but as people have said, prob makes more sense to put the money towards a different second-hand fork.
Interesting thread, thanks for sharing.

The RS35 is the worst fork by far I've ever used. It is a product that sadly we are seeing appear in more ebikes this year (Specialized, Merida) and has no place on an ebike what so ever. The damping is terrible.

I can accept it on a £2699 ebike as its totally rideable, but the BEST thing is to ditch it and purchase something else. Best budget option would be the Marzocchi Bomber 36.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Could I get away with a non ebike specific fork? IIRC you run a Lyrik on yours Rob?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles