Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
@Johnny rider I bought this: Unior 616069 Inner Bearing Wrench for Shimano, Bontrager, Truvativ, 1671.2/4 (1 Stü | eBay

And this:

Both fit/work perfectly on the Stilus (y)
I have the crank extractor ?? Just the ring tool and that’s loads better on price thanks bud

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Just been approved for the ‘Decathlon Stilus ebike Owners page’ on FB and can’t see anything about any cancelled orders, am I looking at the right one? There’s only 17 members so there may be another one that I can’t see.
Cant be the right one the 96 members the one I’m in ????

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
Just had software update done.
Before the DU version reads:- 1.0.2.0
After update the DU version reads:- 1.1.0.0

Anyone taking delivery from now on may want to check as the bikes will be coming down the line with the new software version at some stage (y)

Is there a way to check this yourself ?

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
Well it arrived on friday evening :)
spent a little bit of time yesterday fettling.
brakes exercised,bled and calipers centered they are bang on now :)
gear change tweaked and all good now
quick 5 mile bimble and it is a hoot :)
dmr v8's ordered
suspension pump ordered
tubeless valves and fluid ordered
booked in for first week of august for firmware update (first available slot) at local bosch agent currently on du 1.0.2.0
just need to sort mudguards,saddle and grips next.
then build a trailside toolkit and a way to carry it.

Thanks for all the help and info so far i am sure there will be lots more questions to come.

fat and nearly 50 so got a steep curve ahead of me to get the best out of it :)

Roger

stilus.jpg

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent

Anyone taking delivery from now on may want to check as the bikes will be coming down the line with the new software version at some stage (y)

Decathlon aren’t really geared up for this unfortunately hence shipping with version 1.0.2 which is really old (1.0.3 is well over a year old).

They did tell me the Decathlon Croydon store could do it but not sure if any others could further a field.

Down South the shops I asked said £25 to do it, some on this forum have had it done for £10-15 further North so it’s not a major thing.

So don’t all get your hopes up that your bike will come with v1.1.0, as you don’t want any disappointment in your life the day your new baby arrives ;):p

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Decathlon aren’t really geared up for this unfortunately hence shipping with version 1.0.2 which is really old (1.0.3 is well over a year old).

They did tell me the Decathlon Croydon store could do it but not sure if any others could further a field.

Down South the shops I asked said £25 to do it, some on this forum have had it done for £10-15 further North so it’s not a major thing.

So don’t all get your hopes up that your bike will come with v1.1.0, as you don’t want any disappointment in your life the day your new baby arrives ;):p
For the uninitiated in emtbs, the one 1.0.2.0 version it comes with is a revelation anyway coming from leg power ?. It'll be just like opening firgotten Christmas presents when we do get the new one done!

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I put something on early in this Stilus thread about a Sram universal hanger (about 17 quid if I remember) as someone else asked. Haven't got time to look at mo but link is there also.
Found it,
Try this,
SRAM › models › ac...
Web results
Universal Derailleur Hanger - Sram

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
I asked Decathlon about getting a spare hanger and they said they could try and order me one but they don’t carry it in stock yet.

Luckily with so many of you buying these bikes hopefully they will start to stock more spares :D

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK

Forgot to say, the battery software gets an update too.
From - 1.9.1.0.
To - 1.10.0.0.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
How much assembly is required with the Decathlon Stilus and what skill level is required to put it together?

Al
The bars just need putting on the stem. 4 Allen bolts (key included) and pedals on (there was no pedal spanner in luded but any right size spanner will do. Saddle needs to ne put on, again easy with keys provided.
That's it really. ?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
What about the suspension settings?

Al
You will need a shock pump. Tbh, mine was pretty much already set close to what is needed for my weight. Watch the rockshox videos on YouTube and checkout trailhead site for psi/settings. It's easy.
You can still ride when you get it but obviously it's not going to perform amazing or take big hits but it'll still let you get the feeling of the bike.
I checked over all the bolts etc before ridi g though, a good idea anyway. You will need some torq sockets for brake levers at least. You can get great sets on ebay of fairly decent quality believe it or not for under a tenner.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Thanks guys. I have a torque wrench and pump. I'm really tempted to get one of these bikes. It's looks like very good value and would give me what I am looking for i.e. more suspension travel and 4 piston brakes but I'm having a real struggle trying to justify the spend. My potential for improvement is very limited at my age and I'm content riding blue trails although I have had both wheels off the ground a lot more recently:) I know I can't justify the spend for a £5000 bike but I do believe this one would be right up my street without breaking the bank.

Al

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I advanced the callipers before my ride this morning. Boy are they now keen, bleeding not required.

I flipped the bike over and but some walking boots on the floor at the end of the handlebars as I don’t have a worked stand. It worked well by keeping the Purion display up in the air and making it a doddle to remove the wheels. I didn’t remove the pads I just gently brought the pads very close to each other and then pushed them back with a spacer. Twice front and rear and they were done. The difference was off the scale, next to no play and if anything they are now not progressive enough. I need to work on the finesse with those index fingers.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Thanks guys. I'm really tempted to get one of these. It's looks like very good value and would give me what I am looking for i.e. more suspension travel and 4 piston brakes but I'm having a real struggle trying to justify the spend. My potential for improvement is very limited at my age and I'm content riding blue trails.

Al
I'm 56, just had 2 heart attack in the last 3 months (one was full on dead bit with cpr!) and that makes you put things in perspective. it's the best thing I've bought. You won't ne disappointed at all with the bike. I'm working back up to blue as we speak and it's factored into my rehab.
I've always ridden and believe me, don't hesitate, it is a lot of money (for some, not others), but you will love the hurt from. The grin factor. ??.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I advanced the callipers before my ride this morning. Boy are they now keen, bleeding not required.

I flipped the bike over and but some walking boots on the floor at the end of the handlebars as I don’t have a worked stand. It worked well by keeping the Purion display up in the air and making it a doddle to remove the wheels. I didn’t remove the pads I just gently brought the pads very close to each other and then pushed them back with a spacer. Twice front and rear and they were done. The difference was off the scale, next to no play and if anything they are now not progressive enough. I need to work on the finesse with those index fingers.
It is a game changer, that's for sure ??.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I'm 56, just had 2 heart attack in the last 3 months (one was full on dead bit with cpr!) and that makes you put things in perspective. it's the best thing I've bought. You won't ne disappointed at all with the bike. I'm working back up to blue as we speak and it's factored into my rehab.
I've always ridden and believe me, don't hesitate, it is a lot of money (for some, not others), but you will love the hurt from. The grin factor. ??.
If I was buying from scratch it would be no brainer, I would have already ordered, but I currently have a Trek Powerfly 4 that I've only had for just over a year. Being realistic with regard to my skill level, I feel sure it can handle anything I can throw at it, which is why I'm struggling with the decision.

Al

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
If I was buying from scratch it would be no brainer, I would have already ordered, but I currently have a Trek Powerfly 4 that I've only had for just over a year. Being realistic with regard to my skill level, I feel sure it can handle anything I can throw at it, which is why I'm struggling with the decision.

Al
Fair point. A good problem to have ?

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Anyone out there wanting to individualise their bike then have a look at FiveEight vinyls on FB.

He is a top guy doing great work making laser cut vinyl designs.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with, he’s currently working on some pieces for me and I’ll post pictures once they are on.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK

Al

I’d try a suspension seatpost on your Trek if you’re trail riding?

I had one on a hard tail years back, and it made longer rides out more comfortable.

You might not spend much time in the saddle anyway, but I did on the fire road climbs between the twisty bits!

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Nooby here:) I’m one of the hopefully, everything crossed... lucky ones ... who will be getting an XL Stilus delivered to my house on the 29th of this month. I’m a little nervous to say the least having read through all these comments ? I’m new to Ebiking, got a bad right foot injury and have tried my brothers 2020 ht levo and been blown away by painless riding again.

So I’ve gone all in with positivity and purchased some wide bars (I’m 6ft 2) some new grips, pedals, think will order a seat also . Feeling like want to do a mullet set up with skinwall tyres (posey esthetic I like ?) can anyone recommend a good enough 29er front wheel and skinwall tyre set for the mullet ? Will just use the rear 27.5 wheel I get with the bike. Any point in extending the stem as well as having wide bars ? In terms of cockpit space for a 6ft 2er?

Many thanks and may we all get the bikes we want, need , can afford at some point , peace

Jay

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I’d try a suspension seatpost on your Trek if you’re trail riding?

I had one on a hard tail years back, and it made longer rides out more comfortable.

You might not spend much time in the saddle anyway, but I did on the fire road climbs between the twisty bits!
Would it be compatible with a dropper post? My bike is full sus so I'm not sure there would be any benefit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles