Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
that's just the uk site. I did make it look at the french site just to see, and they have different stock levels

uk125

Jun 14, 2020
rainford
thanks, the chance of getting it is very very slim. i normally go to bed at 10 ish. im not staying up late to find out its out of stock at 11.00.01s ha!

i'll give it a miss. nice bike but shame

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
yeah that's kind of where I'm at too. I'll try when a large is in stock, but I'm not going to be glued to the computer waiting for delivery.

hopefully as things open up, it'll get back to normal soon

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Morning

M is back in stock now. They are taking the piss. It's definitely fake
Like I said before that has happened on loads of occasions. Either they just have stock of Mediums they put one on each day or it doesn’t exist. Believe it’s the former but at least you get another chance at 11pm

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
now there is no M in stock. how come? thought there is no delivery slot available till 11pm?!?!?!?!?

Decathlon’s reply to this is:

We are really sorry for the inconvenience Andy. We would like to clarify that once the daily limit is reached it's not possible for customers to order anymore bikes. The reason why a model may become out of stock before 11 pm is because we are still creating orders internally for customers that may have had issues with their previous purchases (ie replacements).

If that is the case there must be a lot of issues with medium bikes ?

They also said:

Hi Andy, we are expecting resupply from our french warehouse but we do not have a specific date at the moment. We can only advise you to keep an eye on the product page until the product is back. Please be advised our resupply schedules have been extended due to the current situation. Unfortunately we had to remove the email alert notifications

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
one thing of note, the javascript file that disables the delivery options has a timestamp parameter in the url. normally this is done to ensure the file is refreshed, rather than being read from cache.

The current date is from the 10th July, so suggests that delivery hasnt been available since then. The 10th was a Wednesday, so it'll be intresting to see if they'll update it again this wednesday, or they just remove the file to enable delivery again.

Cedriczapata

Jun 14, 2020
FRANCE
Glad you and your wife are enjoying your new bike ?.

Could you ask the nice guys and girls at Decathlon France to let us Brits have a few Stlius bikes please. Noticed a few days ago Decathlon France had plenty of stock in all sizes. Getting a bit jealous here ???. Oh and Happy Birthday to your wife you have spoiled her ????
Hi,
thank you for my wife
Indeed it is crazy this problem of recurrent stock in England, problem of transit of goods between our countries? I sincerely hope for you that at some point there will be merchandise available! Even here in store there is beginning to be some, before it was only by internet order. good luck to all!

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Yesterday was a very GOOD day!
After a very long wait.....
Stilus.jpg

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
You b

well done on getting one what size did you manage to get in the end?
Did you manage to buy using click and collect?

Enjoy your new bike.?
I got an XL, this was ordered long ago with delivery to my local store (Oxford) then stores closed so I think my order just kept going round and round the plug hole without going down.

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
I got an XL, this was ordered long ago with delivery to my local store (Oxford) then stores closed so I think my order just kept going round and round the plug hole without going down.
I am sure it will be worth the wait as soon as you get chance to put it through it’s paces.

let us all know your thoughts and anything you might change.

Enjoy ?

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
I am sure it will be worth the wait as soon as you get chance to put it through it’s paces.

let us all know your thoughts and anything you might change.

Enjoy ?
Well, first proper ride tomorrow (should be sheeting it down in the Chilterns so good conditions for test).
Changed grips to Ergon large with wings! Hopefully will stop numbness in fingers. (Thanks to PhilBaker).
Changed saddle to Selle SMP TRK gel large to look after my 52 year old rear and prostate. (Thanks to GrandpaBrogan).
Gone tubeless on front.
Had weird seepage of tubeless fluid out of sidewall of new SmartSam tyre so put my old Michelin E-Wild 2.8 on the back for now. Ordered 2.6 E-Wild for the front from Tredz.
Changed pedals.
Couple of MuckyNutz.
That's it so far! :D

Oh, and EThirteen chain guide on the shelf ready to go on at the weekend.
Hmm, reckon I've been locked down too long!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Yesterday was a very GOOD day!
After a very long wait..... View attachment 33728
Well, first proper ride tomorrow (should be sheeting it down in the Chilterns so good conditions for test).
Changed grips to Ergon large with wings! Hopefully will stop numbness in fingers. (Thanks to PhilBaker).
Changed saddle to Selle SMP TRK gel large to look after my 52 year old rear and prostate. (Thanks to GrandpaBrogan).
Gone tubeless on front.
Had weird seepage of tubeless fluid out of sidewall of new SmartSam tyre so put my old Michelin E-Wild 2.8 on the back for now. Ordered 2.6 E-Wild for the front from Tredz.
Changed pedals.
Couple of MuckyNutz.
That's it so far! :D

Oh, and EThirteen chain guide on the shelf ready to go on at the weekend.
Hmm, reckon I've been locked down too long!

You'll have to show us some pictures once you've finished adding all your bling :p, I can't decide whether to put another Mucky Nutz on the back.

I did have a small amount of seepage initially when going tubeless with the Smart Sam's, but just sloshed the sealant around and it's done its job now with no pressure loss between rides.

I might have to go for one of those Selle saddles. I'm a few 100 miles into the Ergon SM e-mountain saddle now and I'm still not convinced it's for me. Decent saddle for sure, just not the right fit for me...

Cedriczapata

Jun 14, 2020
FRANCE
hello, I drove yesterday for two hours with my wife’s stilus. He’s got big chain suck problems, the chain hooks on the set whenever there’s mud. I feel like the chain is too thin compared to the set. the bike is equipped with a bashguard, while if I look at your photos you don’t have any. I will remove it (it is useless) and try to find the problem.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
hello, I drove yesterday for two hours with my wife’s stilus. He’s got big chain suck problems, the chain hooks on the set whenever there’s mud. I feel like the chain is too thin compared to the set. the bike is equipped with a bashguard, while if I look at your photos you don’t have any. I will remove it (it is useless) and try to find the problem.

I’ve not had that at all, although to be fair it’s been mainly dry since I got the bike.

I did clean off all the chain line Decathlon put on there as there was loads of excess grease and the chain lube seemed very sticky.

I use a wax based lube and have had no issues with chain suck.

royle100

Nov 6, 2018
New Romney
extract from Decathlon CEO email:

The enthusiasm for the unique price/quality ratio of our bikes has been incredible. I want to thank you for your trust. In relation to this, I have to admit we are experiencing difficulties to face this very high demand for our bikes and some of you were disappointed that you couldn't find a bike quickly. I personally apologise for this and assure you that our teams are working hard to find solutions and meet your needs to the best of their ability.

Thank you for your patience, continued support and loyalty during this time. I am extremely grateful to see that you are so passionate about sport and it inspires me to dream of a better lifestyle, more active for all of us and healthier for our planet.

Sincerely yours,
Eric Mazilier

Decathlon UK CEO

Hopefully Eric and his team are going to beavering away at assembling the bike everyone wants!!

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
extract from Decathlon CEO email:

The enthusiasm for the unique price/quality ratio of our bikes has been incredible. I want to thank you for your trust. In relation to this, I have to admit we are experiencing difficulties to face this very high demand for our bikes and some of you were disappointed that you couldn't find a bike quickly. I personally apologise for this and assure you that our teams are working hard to find solutions and meet your needs to the best of their ability.

Thank you for your patience, continued support and loyalty during this time. I am extremely grateful to see that you are so passionate about sport and it inspires me to dream of a better lifestyle, more active for all of us and healthier for our planet.

Sincerely yours,
Eric Mazilier

Decathlon UK CEO

Hopefully Eric and his team are going to beavering away at assembling the bike everyone wants!!
Just needs to say to the French stop giving all the stock to your stores and let the rest of Europe have some. But as it’s a French company I yes we know the answer to that.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just needs to say to the French stop giving all the stock to your stores and let the rest of Europe have some. But as it’s a French company I yes we know the answer to that.
Yup .. we've got them all ...

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 18.52.23.png

It must be the bloody Spanish, Italians, Romanians, Poles and all the other places they sell them ...

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Yup .. we've got them all ...

View attachment 33786

It must be the bloody Spanish, Italians, Romanians, Poles and all the other places they sell them ...
Very sorry didn’t mean to offend my previous comment came across wrong it was a tongue in cheek comment that didn’t come across very well on social media plus I didn’t explain myself very well either (I blame it on having a bad day at work).

I was referring to around a week ago when the French site had around 15 bikes of every size and Poland, Spain, Italy etc had the odd few.
To be honest Decathlon can make more money just selling these bikes in France so why not it’s a business. I am not blaming them if I owned the company I would probably do the same.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I was referring to around a week ago when the French site had around 15 bikes of every size and Poland, Spain, Italy etc had the odd few.
To be honest Decathlon can make more money just selling these bikes in France so why not it’s a business. I am not blaming them if I owned the company I would probably do the same.
I think traditionally, Decathlon sell a huge amount of bikes in France, it's their core market. So sales projections and stocks are probably calculated based on normal market conditions.

Covid's had quite an impact on UK demand, probably more so than other countries, certainly earlier.

Whilst stock might be dished out proportionally when they arrive from Lombardo, I suspect the UK stock sells way faster than the French stock.

The Bike in France is €3299, so almost £3000 - there's a lot more competition at that point so it's not quite as attractive as it is in the UK where they're practically giving them away at £2699.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One for all you Decathloners :

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles