Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
Well it says 'in stock' as opposed to '3' or some other low number so hopefully they have a 'few' in!
it is 3 for XL at the moment

if you want to know stock levels, view the source in your browser and search for:
2995696_quantity
that's for XL
M is:
2995694_quantity
L is:
2995695_quantity

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
I've just written a bodgy program that runs in the background, and will pop up an alert next time size Large are in stock :geek:
I did think about doing the same thing but as I can’t buy one till 11pm I didn’t see the point. It’s very poor by Decathlon as I have had a large on my wish list for weeks. So they know a customer wants this size but never in stock. Other countries restocking large but never the U.K. Guess they don’t care as they are in high demand anyway.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
I think the "delivery slots" being released at 11pm thing is not quite accurate. I never saw anything different happen when I was trying to get one between 10:50 and 11:10, just exactly the same response. I think the "system" releases them slowly to limit supply/demand but hard to know for sure. My guess is someone got lucky trying for a delivery slot again and again this afternoon...

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
I think the "delivery slots" being released at 11pm thing is not quite accurate. I never saw anything different happen when I was trying to get one between 10:50 and 11:10, just exactly the same response. I think the "system" releases them slowly to limit supply/demand but hard to know for sure. My guess is someone got lucky trying for a delivery slot again and again this afternoon...
WORST.. LOTTERY.. EVER ?

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset

looking at the code, there's a javascript file that applies the 'We have reached maximum capacity for bikes today' message

I'm waiting until delivery is available again to see if the javascript file changes, or it's just not included when delivery is available.

I'll then get my program to check both stock, and delivery availability

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
XL in stock go go go ?
Well that was a fun 30min :/
Added it to my basket, kept trying to choose delivery, once or twice managed to select it but as soon as I went to click next it reset to no slots available. The ONE time I managed to click through it tells me 'no more XL available'

This is madness!

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
The day I got mine, the purchase went through. Payment taken, got a cancellation email.

Then it was delivered a week or so later.

Good luck

Reactions: Kme

royle100

Nov 6, 2018
New Romney
Well that was a fun 30min :/
Added it to my basket, kept trying to choose delivery, once or twice managed to select it but as soon as I went to click next it reset to no slots available. The ONE time I managed to click through it tells me 'no more XL available'

This is madness!
Having same issue. Managed to get XL in basket a few times but no joy on getting delivery slot. Tried with another model early this morning and also show's no delivery slots. UGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Looks like Medium is now in stock. More fun begins for those who want a Medium!

royle100 the dropper works
the dropper works fine with the saddle bag. I switched to the ERGON eMTB saddle (still not convinced it's the best but giving it a good go) and the seat comes with a saddle bag connector for the bag I happened to have on my other bike so just switch it over depending on what I ride.

If I drop the post all the way, you could say it catches on the strap so I lose a centimeter or so, but in general, that's too low for me so I don;t normally go that low.

Certainly not an issue unless you wanted every millimeter!

uk125

Jun 14, 2020
rainford
Hi all

I'm new on this forums so go easy on me :p

I'm really keen on the stilus. I'm 5'6" would M is right size for me?

I currently own a Riverside 900 hybrid bike. It's M size, and I love this bike. Only issue is I get worn out after 10 miles, I get really aches on upper thighs ie I'm looking at the emtb.

I'm worried about the speed limit of 15mph. How much harder to peddling after 15mph cut off ie, crusing at 16mph than non electric bike due the weight?

Also I'm a little concerned about the cracking noise from this motor. Is it happening on every motor and bosch is not doing anything about it?

Sorry for asking so many questions

Thank you

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Hey UK125 welcome!

So a rider on here who is 5’9” has a medium and he reckons that’s about the limit. I’m 5’10” and have the large. I’d say you should be able to ride comfortably a M of your legs and arms are all in proportion ;-). Worst case, a cheap upgrade to a new Stem which is simple to fit will make it feel much bigger.

After 15mph, the motor slowly starts to ease off its assistance until it finally cuts out completely a 16.8mph. If your going up hill the bike feels heavy and if it’s a steep hill, difficult to peddle. If you are on a decline, even slight, it’s quite easy to pedal above 17mph as gravity is your friend :)

Motor noise in my view is a non issue, it’s a minor thing and I believe most Bosch gen 4 motor bikes do it but for many, it’s not something they even notice.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Don't worry about the 15mph limit. Only occasionally would I like a 20mph limit and this is always when I am on flat gravel or tarmac. If used in the correct environment all will be good. If you use an emtb for commuting in the city then you probably need to look at some hardtails.
Changing to an emtb will not cure your thighs hurting, experimenting with different seating positions and riding more should fix the thighs.

uk125

Jun 14, 2020
rainford
Thanks guys for the replies..it's much appreciated

16.8mph is plentiful. I admit I don't know how fast I go anyway.

Re my thighs...it's the hills that killing my legs! Ha! Where I live is near main roads which there are many bridges over the roads. Some of them are very steep.
I have changed the seat position many times, also changed the seat, doesn't make any difference.

Emtb would help I believe (I hope) but more importantly I want to stay out riding for 30+ miles. Not wanting go home after 10 miles due my legs worn out

Thanks again.

PS hopefully ill get it at 11.01pm tonight...what's the chance?

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Thanks guys for the replies..it's much appreciated

16.8mph is plentiful. I admit I don't know how fast I go anyway.

Re my thighs...it's the hills that killing my legs! Ha! Where I live is near main roads which there are many bridges over the roads. Some of them are very steep.
I have changed the seat position many times, also changed the seat, doesn't make any difference.

Emtb would help I believe (I hope) but more importantly I want to stay out riding for 30+ miles. Not wanting go home after 10 miles due my legs worn out

Thanks again.

PS hopefully ill get it at 11.01pm tonight...what's the chance?
I have tried to buy one (as a test) in the past you have to be super quick to get a delivery slot. I think you have a fairly good chance as M have been in stock for a while on and off.
Good luck and let us know how you get on ???

Cedriczapata

Jun 14, 2020
FRANCE
Hey, guys,
I am a French rider who lives in Annecy in the Alps. I bought the Stilus for my wife’s birthday. We received it yesterday and tested it today. I have been doing classic mountain biking for 25 years, from the DH, I have had many bikes, all the major brands. What a nice surprise this Stilus!! I was bluffed, yes not everything is perfect but a nice value for money. I was surprised by the quality of the fork and suspension in the first ride, yes the brakes are a bit soft, the handles to change and the shifting gears are not more fluid. But we have a nice base to upgrade. Not disappointed with the choice, my wife has something to do to have fun while riding. First time I buy at Decathlon: bravo to them (or bravo to Lombardo!!!).

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Hey, guys,
I am a French rider who lives in Annecy in the Alps. I bought the Stilus for my wife’s birthday. We received it yesterday and tested it today. I have been doing classic mountain biking for 25 years, from the DH, I have had many bikes, all the major brands. What a nice surprise this Stilus!! I was bluffed, yes not everything is perfect but a nice value for money. I was surprised by the quality of the fork and suspension in the first ride, yes the brakes are a bit soft, the handles to change and the shifting gears are not more fluid. But we have a nice base to upgrade. Not disappointed with the choice, my wife has something to do to have fun while riding. First time I buy at Decathlon: bravo to them (or bravo to Lombardo!!!).
Glad you and your wife are enjoying your new bike ?.

Could you ask the nice guys and girls at Decathlon France to let us Brits have a few Stlius bikes please. Noticed a few days ago Decathlon France had plenty of stock in all sizes. Getting a bit jealous here ???. Oh and Happy Birthday to your wife you have spoiled her ????

uk125

Jun 14, 2020
rainford
oh well....out of stock already. i got it to the basket then click payment. got a pop up message saying its out of stock.

never mind

PS perhaps its a fate....dont buy it :)

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
oh well....out of stock already. i got it to the basket then click payment. got a pop up message saying its out of stock.

never mind
I wonder if that M is bogus or just put one bike on per day just a way for Decathlon to say that the bike is in stock for x amount of days. I have noticed loads of times the M goes out of stock then reappears later in the evening of morning.

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
In recent weeks I’ve let close family and friends try my stilus ebike (taking Covid precautions of course). Each and everyone, mostly non cyclists were blown away with it, specially if the ride benefit from uphills.

It is possible I’ve discovered the knocking noise today, when I back pedal the fwd pedal in quick alternation. I’m not going to worry about it, and I could achieve a similar noise on old bike when doing similar movements.

Get it bought, or the Frey import bike I’m wanting a test ride of one day...!

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
my stock checking app logs each change in stock level, here are the reported quantities for the last few days (it only checks when my pc is on, so doesnt track any overnight changes)

11/06/2020 10:06:34 M: 1 L: 0 XL: 1
11/06/2020 10:32:56 M: 0 L: 0 XL: 1
11/06/2020 13:32:11 M: 0 L: 0 XL: 0
12/06/2020 07:13:35 M: 0 L: 0 XL: 0
12/06/2020 07:31:45 M: 1 L: 0 XL: 0
12/06/2020 14:00:01 M: 0 L: 0 XL: 0
12/06/2020 16:31:45 M: 1 L: 0 XL: 0
14/06/2020 10:31:37 M: 2 L: 0 XL: 0
14/06/2020 12:13:52 M: 3 L: 0 XL: 0
14/06/2020 13:30:46 M: 2 L: 0 XL: 0
14/06/2020 13:31:47 M: 3 L: 0 XL: 0
14/06/2020 16:32:07 M: 2 L: 0 XL: 0
15/06/2020 06:32:37 M: 1 L: 0 XL: 0

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles