Decal to disguise battery to look like a water bottle

Rider_212

Oct 20, 2020
Saint Cloud, MN
Longtime MTB and off-road motorcycle racer here, but eMTB newbie. I just picked up my 2020 Haibike AllMtn 2.0 and have a couple rides in. It has the large battery (non-stealth mode). I know I shouldn't care about what other people think when I pass them, but I had the crazy idea of a side decal that makes it look like a one or two water bottles. Is that a dumb idea? Has anyone done that? I tried a Google search, unsuccessfully.

Steven

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Longtime MTB and off-road motorcycle racer here, but eMTB newbie. I just picked up my 2020 Haibike AllMtn 2.0 and have a couple rides in. It has the large battery (non-stealth mode). I know I shouldn't care about what other people think when I pass them, but I had the crazy idea of a side decal that makes it look like a one or two water bottles. Is that a dumb idea? Has anyone done that? I tried a Google search, unsuccessfully.

Steven
Nah, everyone will still know that its a battery... especially because of the speed in which you pass them - is a dead giveaway! :giggle: eBikes have been around for some time now, so there's no point hiding the fact.

You could put something creative that could freak other riders even more though... like a radioactive sticker, or a chemical hazard warning label, or a biological weapon tag. Or something humorous... like your favourite beer brand or make it look like a can of baked beans! That should disarm potential critics... ;)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Everyone will still know it’s a battery
6E4151F6-71D1-4194-9EF8-1FB45F276E81.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles