Darn Birds!

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Last week I was riding along a narrow bit of the canal towpath. Came across a pair of swans and their signets close to the bank. As the hissing started, I dismounted and walked past slowly, my lovely ebike as a shield between me and swans. Got far enough away and had drink before remounting, not noticing one of the swans had swam along, got out and was now right next to me. 5 or 6 angry pecks to the leg and I eventually got away. 2 bruises gradually fading.

Yesterday I hit a pheasant on a country lane. It saw me, fled to the verge and then strutted out again, only to get a substantial bang on its head from my fork leg. Luckily I didn’t come off.

Today, riding up in the hills, enjoying the lovely Bosch map view on my brand new 2 day old iPhone mini mounted on the bars (instead of the Kiox 300), a gull - who’d obviously eaten something that didn’t agree with it - dropped a substantial bomb. Right on my phone. Covered it, even the earpiece bit. Half a pack of baby wipes and several toothpicks later it’s new again.

I think the countryside hates me!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was on hols in Torquay, looking out to sea with my binoculars. This is nearly 50 years ago, so the binos had a crocodile skin finish. Then a seagull (a very large one I guess) shat on my binos, my head, hands and shoulders! :eek:
As you would expect, every single person within the vicinity promptly pissed themselves laughing. It took me quite a while to clean up, but the fishy smell followed me around until I could take a shower.
With the benefit of time passed, I can see the funny side, I really can. :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles