New Voodoo/Halfords eMTBs.... look pretty darn good!

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK

I hadn't seen this posted here yet so...

Looks like Halfords have quietly released new ebikes under the Voodoo brand.

Last year the bikes were Bosch drives and horrible colours.

This year we have Shimmano E7000, good specs and nice looking bikes!

Let's see... 'Last years look' with the external battery, but decent battery size (504Wh), good motor, Rockshox Recon fork, NX groupset... £3000. Sweet!

Voodoo Zobop E-Shimano Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - 16", 18", 20" Frames

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Visually it looks short and steep at the front with long chainstays at the back. Not really my favourite combo, but lets reserve judgement until a geo chart is found...

PS - The idea of spending that amount of money in Halfords fills me with dread given past experiences with their CS...!

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
YMMV but I've had friends buy bikes from there before and found them helpful. I mean, it's not like a good LBS, but you get direct prices and at least you can pick-up/drop off at a store if you have any problems.

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
The Voodoo brand appears to be quite well thought of, designed by Joe Murray so that is all good! I think Halfords are the sole UK concessionary but it isn't an 'own brand' as such. Loads of clubs etc have 10% discount arrangements with them as well, so that helps, too. Only thing I found was that when I was looking that they did not have much stock in store (such a large range with much of it being crap :)) and wouldn't get my size in for me to look at unless I ordered it.

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
I still ride my Voodoo Hoodoo hardtail from 7 or 8 years ago. It's good value anyway. I'm sure it will get a few people out shredding. I'd need to see the Geo to see if it would suit me

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
Geo chart is up on there site, 10% off with British cycling membership taking it down to £2700 and a lifetime guarantee on the frame makes it quiet interesting, less travel than the E-Sommet though, wonder if there any good for proper enduro stuff.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
That looks terrible. From the picture and then even worse from the geo chart. I’d advise to avoid.

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Had a voodoo Bizanga 29r Hardtail , no complaints ??

If you budget is restricted it would get you into FS E-bike.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
A riding mate bought last years model for £1900. Admitidly he changed the forks but he is over the moon with it.
I had a quick go last night and it seems ok for the price.
It worked better than mine that had packed up.
He got more money off though the NHS and British cycling.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles