Cube with Bosch perf. CX 4.gen

ABMichal

Jul 18, 2023
Česko
Hi, last 4 weeks im trying to figure out why my bike makes creaking noises (i would say its from crank).

First it started i tried all the bolts and the crank arm bolt was loose. Because i didnt know the values i just made it tight (i would assume max 14NM) and well it didnt help.

Now as i am trying all possible torque values it doesnt cure it. I was trying values from proximately 35-42Nm (my wrench is cheap and i dont really know how to make it accurate) and well on lower torques it made creaks and sometimes squeaks. But on tighter values it would be squeaking and like rubbing against something, i could feel its stiffness.

Well i destroyed one allen key head bolt (crank arm bolt) so i ordered new ones. Got them there and on 40-45Nm stiff, squeaking, whistling and like rubbing against something. And now i tried 28-30Nm and now its stiff, creaking (and i didnt tried to really go full power)

Also i have now thought and i havent put back the chainring guard since it started to make creaks.

Could anyone please help? Thank you!

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
My mates '22 Cube had a creak from new that sounded just like cranks but it turned out that dropper post outer cable down near the motor just needed pulling on slightly, somehow some of the slack that was supposed to be on the outside of the frame managed to get inside the frame so just pulling on it fixed it instantly. The photo below shows the same cable on my bike, he just had to tug on it a little in the direction of that arrow.

20230730_093719.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles