Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team - XT Dropper Hanger?

Dubreak

Oct 31, 2019
Dublin, Ireland
Hi all,

I hope you're having a good 2022 so far :)

I have a CUBE Stereo 160 Action Team 2019 that has had an upgrade from SRAM EX1 to Shimano XT 11spd drivetrain.
This was done in the local bike about a year ago. I may have recently bent the dropper hanger, would like to replace it and my question is;

Do you think the dropper hanger has been changed from the original existing one so as to accommodate the XT derailleur?
I'm not sure if it had to be changed myself, as I wasn't there to see the conversion happen.

I wouldn't like to buy the original hanger as a replacement if it is no longer compatible with the 'new' drivetrain.

Thanks guys

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
your best bet would be to use your existing hanger and compare it to various options on a site like rearmechhanger.com. to find a match.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I think this is the one you need for your bike

If you read the description it lists amongst the 2019 range as suitable for the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500 27.5 black´n´grey 2019
This came stock with the XT rear mech as shown in Cubes archive here, which effectively is what you have now.

When you order from the drop down go for the 'Hanger, Axle cap and screw' option to get all of the replacement hanger parts, or just the hanger only if the other parts are ok

HTH

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
As already said, the hanger is different for the Sram and the Shimano. The one posted above looks like the correct one.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
2024 update

Reviving this older thread to keep all the info in one place.

I've managed to bend the derailleur hanger on my 2022 Stereo Hybrid 160 action team and can't bend it back straight.
It has a Shimano XT derailleur.

Looking for a new one and cube specify the part number as 8651, but looking at this hanger it seems different to mine.

159169_1.jpg

Mine is a single piece without the bolt stand off, and doesn't have the extra threaded piece with bolt.

Has anyone replaced one and can confirm what is the correct hanger.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles