Cube 160 action team or stereo 2021

Spud666

Sep 5, 2020
Rochester
Hi, I am new to electric bikes and had put a deposit down on a stereo 160 for my first.
However the LBS has an action team come in. The stereo wont be here until November.
My current bike is a cube ltd comp 2010 that has served me well.
I go to places like betteshangar and bedgebury.
I can't see myself doing massive jumps, I've just turned 50 but enjoy the downhill flowing aspect.
I have ridden lots of different motorcycles. Motocross, trials and enduro.

Would the action team be too much or would I regret not getting it a few months down the line.

All advice welcome.

Thanks

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Which Stereo? You do very similar stuff to me and I'd say the Team is more than enough and a TM about right.If you are not worried about the saving, there wont really be a downside as such.

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
Stereo 160 hpc sl 625 black
I had it the other way round when I was looking, I really wanted the TA version but could only get the 160 SL 2021. If I had the choice to choose again I would stick with the SL version. Reason being your not going to notice any performance difference between the more expensive Fox 38’s than the Rockshox Zeb with the deluxe. Other stuff you could still change if you needed and still save.

Ive ended up upgrading a few parts on the bike but still not spent as much as I would have if I brought the TA version.

if your like me your going to want to upgrade stuff overtime it’s part of the fun so sometimes it’s good to go for a more chapter model and just change what you don’t like.

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
i have the 2020 160 SL. It's a very capable bike and as others have said, if you want to upgrade or change parts, buying the lower priced model makes sense. My own adjustments. Fitted a 'Stand Up' motor bash guard (lots of people suffer broken motor plates so get it protected) and the tyres were not of my liking so upgraded to Mitchell E-Wild and converted to tubeless.

Lots of fun. Had a Spesh Levo Expert (2020) previously, but too many reliability issues so binned it off

The Cube suits my riding style and very happy with it.

One other thing, by default, you get the 2-amp charger, which takes about 7 hours to charge from 40% full to fully charged. Looking to get the 4-amp charger (i thought i read there is a 6-amp also) which is better if i need a quicker charge

Spud666

Sep 5, 2020
Rochester
I have decided to wait for the SL. Think its more than enough for what I want it for.
I have some 3mm alley for the bash plate already, along with a discounted invisiframe kit.
Charger will go on a timer as to not overcharge, then I can top up more before I'm going to ride.

A mate also bought the same bike (is also waiting till November), so it was good fun winding him up yesterday saying I could have the action by the weekend. He was not impressed.

Thanks for your responses and saving me a few quid

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Well done on making a decision These things need a bit of thought, but not too much!
Just finished fitting the Invisiframe to my TM Not too difficult if you take your time . I now have 95ml of Baby Shampoo for sale.

Spud666

Sep 5, 2020
Rochester
Well we have two bikes to do. Apparently mate has done similar before so I'm going to leave him to it with a can in my hand.
Will point out if he is not doing it right!
We may have 90ml of baby shampoo, if you want it for your collection?

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
2020 sl

What a machine,just had the 85nm update,at first it felt no better at all and maybe worse,but after a few rides it feels better than ever..without initially realising I'm in higher gears and I'm sure it now stays engaged till 16.7mph is,which makes so much difference..anyways,great choice,enjoy

20200912_184214.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles