Cube 160 Action Team

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Nice! Makes a huge difference on the cockpit and it's only a few quid :)
Don't understand why the bikes don't come from the factory like this.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Looks like they have used heat shrink?

p4pb13413039-1.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Alas no - my bike is currently in for a respray, and i will be heat shrinking the cables when i put it back together

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
Can someone do me a favour next time you have your bikes out, I recently noticed my motor sounded a fair bit different from when i first purchased it roughly 3 months ago. Can you compare your own to my video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ACY1MsoqdNw9up3E9 I do not remember the rumble.

Its currently in the bike shop as they missed a couple of things in the first service, as seen by the shifting. They have told me they compared it to one they have on display and it is very similar when in walk mode.

Its about 3 months old and i just wanted to be careful after reading that this motor is prone to debris getting funnelled to the inside of the motor.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Can someone do me a favour next time you have your bikes out, I recently noticed my motor sounded a fair bit different from when i first purchased it roughly 3 months ago. Can you compare your own to my video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ACY1MsoqdNw9up3E9 I do not remember the rumble.

Its currently in the bike shop as they missed a couple of things in the first service, as seen by the shifting. They have told me they compared it to one they have on display and it is very similar when in walk mode.

Its about 3 months old and i just wanted to be careful after reading that this motor is prone to debris getting funnelled to the inside of the motor.
Just seen your post and went out put battery in.
Mine seems to sound pretty much the same as yours & is noisiest in 4th & 5th gear.....never tried this before, so don't know if it was like this before.
But thanks for putting a worry into my mind....?

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
Thanks for checking, and easing my worry. Even at the expense of ur own (y)

Hopefully its normal then and just sounds like this in walk.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Morning,

not sure if it was already answered, but does the Action Team come with tubless ready wheels?

I was wondering because i changed the rear tire and i noticed a blue tape inside the rim. Do i need to take the blue tape off and mount a specific tubless tape?

Cheers

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
It does but when I did mine it still leaked, so I put another layer of tap on because the hole on the original was quite large, that sorted it out ......
Good luck doing it, I would put the extra layer of tape on myself?

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
So you didnt remove the blue tape and put another layer on top?

Wanna read a funny story of my luck :p
I'm a tire expert
Yes I left the original, just put a wider tape over it & it sealed great
I wouldn't ride tubed anymore & it's very easy to do ?
I was told by the bike shop they use gorilla tape, so bought a roll about 25mm wide and did both my wheels.
Still have enough left for another tire ?

Last edited:

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
@R120 Smart, might get me one of those.
@Mad Mark Nearly bought the exact same mud guard combo haha.

Was out and about round Ullswater yesterday with @Clansey
View attachment 7269
I plan to get a new rear tyre, the magic marry up front seems like a winner. Once i decide on the rear i have cush core waiting to be installed to, excited to try that out.

Got my problem solvers installed, bars trimmed to 800, Rev grips also on the way as a Christmas present from the other half. Getting closer and closer to a perfect fit.
Can you show me a picture of the problem solvers fitted to your bike .... might get some

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
20181209_174247.jpg

more images if you want better perspective:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dtHsdmnX7aJnS23u6

You lose a bit of flexibility with the shifters being in a fixed position based on the angel of your breaks. If you like your breaks rather high it would mean the shifters would be to far back to access. But overall its definitely more comfortable for me being on the same clamp with the right distance from the grips.

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
Just received my new bash plate, picked one up after seeing it mentioned in one of the other threads here in the cube section. Here is the link: Click!

uploaded some comparison pics for you all. Looks great, if i'm nitpicking the left side looks a bit out of place with the straight cut but i can appreciate how time consuming those curves would have been to replicate.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.png 20181221_180237 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
So I have finally joined the ranks of getting a smashed bash plate - I think its made of pasta. My local bike shop is ordering a replacement but I know there was talk of a custom aluminium replacement somewhere - anyone know if that exists?
Did you find an Aluminium bash plate? I knocked this up at the weekend. Just covers the existing guard and is fixed with the same fixings, nice and simple.

9B0C75C7-3F0A-482A-BCD6-E02306525824.jpeg

A4F4C654-6720-4F81-8064-3CC1FA386B40.jpeg

21262FBB-4C07-4DE0-8224-52AEF6E1ACFC.jpeg

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
"Knocked this up at the weekend" ........WOW that looks fantastic
If you want to just "knock another one up" next weekend
I would gladly buy one off you.....I mean that. ?

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
No worries @Mad Mark happy to. Not sure it’ll be within the next two weekends though, busy this and away the one after, but will get it done. Won’t be expensive £10-15 depending on postage. You’ll need to spray it if you want it “Stealth”

I’ve just received some trim to go around the edge, just to soften the them in case of a mishap. I’ll post a pic when it’s fitted and you can let me know if you want that included.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
No worries @Mad Mark happy to. Not sure it’ll be within the next two weekends though, busy this and away the one after, but will get it done. Won’t be expensive £10-15 depending on postage. You’ll need to spray it if you want it “Stealth”

I’ve just received some trim to go around the edge, just to soften the them in case of a mishap. I’ll post a pic when it’s fitted and you can let me know if you want that included.
That would be great frankieboy.........
There's no rush, just do me one when you can thanks.....
If you tell me how much with the postage, and give me your address on a private message I will send you the cash then you can send me the bash plate when it's ready, don't under charge me I don't want you to do it for nothing .......if that's ok ?
I like it aluminium don't want stealth...but a bit of trim might stop it ripping skin from your leg if/when you have an accident so that sounds a good idea ?

Last edited:

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
That would be great frankieboy.........
There's no rush, just do me one when you can thanks.....
If you tell me how much with the postage, and give me your address on a private message I will send you the cash then you can send me the bash plate when it's ready, don't under charge me I don't want you to do it for nothing .......if that's ok ?
I like it aluminium don't want stealth...but a bit of trim might stop it ripping skin from your leg if/when you have an accident so that sounds a good idea ?
No problem, it’s really low cost. I purchased 1000mm x 250mm x 1.5mm Ali plate for £12.50; think I’ll get at least 6 out of that. 2m of trim was £5.00, should get 4 or 5 out of that. So there should be a couple of quid left over for a pint or two?

New to this, so some help sending the private massage would be appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles