Cube Stereo 140 dropper post fitting guide?

marse

Jul 12, 2022
Finland
Hi, has anyone fitted longer dropper post to stereo hybrid? Just bought Reverb C1 175 and wondering if someone would know how the orginal cable routes go. Bought cause 125mm travel is not enough and Cube post gets frozen on the winter, i think that Reverb would do it better here in Finland. Thanks for any help and comments.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I put a 200mm PNW loam dropper on my 2020 Cube stereo TM 160 20" frame. It fitted perfectly.
I used the original cable outer with a new cable for the dropper. The extra reach is very nice to have.

Last edited:

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
I've put a 210mm Oneup Components dropper into my 2022 Stereo Hybrid 160 TM and the fit is also perfect. Best way to measure if it's going to fit is to take the current dropper post out, insert a regular non-dropper post into the frame up to a point where it won't move any more and this way measure max insertion point. For my 2022 160 TM this was measured at 300mm. The Oneup has 297mm insertion from dropper collar including actuator (actuator itself is 15mm). Hence I have my Oneup dropper inserted all they way to a dropper collar and enjoying the full lenght of the 210mm drop. Was also considering PNW loam but compared to Oneup they have similar insertion points (~300mm) but Oneup is 10mm longer hence ideal for my needs.

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
Hi, has anyone fitted longer dropper post to stereo hybrid? Just bought Reverb C1 175 and wondering if someone would know how the orginal cable routes go. Bought cause 125mm travel is not enough and Cube post gets frozen on the winter, i think that Reverb would do it better here in Finland. Thanks for any help and comments.

In 2022 the cable goes into stem then from stem unedneath the metal battery mount there's a piece of plastic where all the cables go through. alongisde the battery compartment. The dropper cable goes on the right hand side (looking from when you sit on the bike). From there it goes above the motor and into the seatpost. When fitting my new dropper in I replaced the Cube original cable housing with the Jagwire one. To do that the best possible way was to use the SRAM Reverb barb connector. You need to screw one side of the connector into the existing cable, the other to the new cable and then push&pull to get the new one through. Without this I'd probabaly have to take the motor out to route the new cable through.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles