Cube 140hpc 750/Cracked frame???

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Hello everyone,

Do you have any news ? Warranty applied ?

I bought this model last week and found this during the initial chain cleaning:

View attachment 89166

The bike has only a few kms for testing, on road around the LBS. So in your opinion is it only a paint manufacturing defect ?
manufacturer defect in my humble opinion. Looks like they painted over it.

Stann

May 29, 2022
FR
Thanks for your replies.

After careful examination I also saw this little crack:

Cube defaut 5.jpg Cube defaut 6.jpg

It doesn't give me much confidence, so will go back to the shop tomorrow, but it was the last M size in stock...

Antonis

May 3, 2022
Greece
Hello everyone,

Do you have any news ? Warranty applied ?

I bought this model last week and found this during the initial chain cleaning:

View attachment 89166

The bike has only a few kms for testing, on road around the LBS. So in your opinion is it only a paint manufacturing defect ?
I haven't heard any news from Cube yet.My local dealer showed me the email as it was written by the Greek Cube dealer and it was listed as a paint defect.As soon as i have news i will let you know.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Hi,
There is same discussion in german MTB forum and there are same pics and a reply from Cube like this:
Cube Stereo Hybrid HPC SL 625 2021 - Risse Anlenkpunkte Hinterbau

Torsion during driving and different expansion behavior of the materials (bearing seat = aluminum inlay in the carbon frame) can lead to visible, superficial paintwork cracks in the area of the various bearing seats on the main frame (main bearing, rocker arm / seat tube).
No warranty issue.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Can anyone see any sticker on their Trek Rail with a condition number on it? According to Trek's manual the bikes have a condition sticker on it.

Haven't seen a sticker anywhere on mine or my wife's (2022 Rail 5's)

'Mountain electric-assisst bicycle' is Condition 3, in which 'jumps should be no more than 61cm' 😱

Even an old muppet like me gets more than 2' foot when mucking around ffs.

Last edited:

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Oh cmon you old farts :) if you are jumping over half meter you should get yourself regular bikes and leave emtbs :) joke aside, Cube is not the brand to go for, it's cheap one, bad quality.. I have many cube bikes only because I can't afford better

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
Oh cmon you old farts :) if you are jumping over half meter you should get yourself regular bikes and leave emtbs :) joke aside, Cube is not the brand to go for, it's cheap one, bad quality.. I have many cube bikes only because I can't afford better

Perhaps one decent bike would be a better use of your money than many bad Cube bikes, then?

What would you recommend?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
same problem here. Short wallet 🥴 !

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I doubt the "damage" around the metal inserts is much more than cosmetic but still annoying....and preventable with the right lay up. The edge of a metal insert into carbon is bound to be stressed and it needs layers of UD carbon in a spiral formation to prevent that. Pretty labour intensive and the Cube carbon frames are pretty low cost.

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
Epäilen, että metalliosien ympärillä oleva "vaurio" on paljon enemmän kuin kosmeettista, mutta silti ärsyttävää... ja se voidaan estää oikealla asettelulla. Hiileen metallisisäkkeen reuna on väistämättä jännittynyt ja se tarvitsee UD-hiilikerroksia spiraalimuodossa sen estämiseksi. Melko työvoimavaltainen ja Cube-hiilikehykset ovat melko edullisia.
Cubelle ehdoitus käyttää KUMIMAALIA se on elastinen.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles