Crown race for Rise H Acros headset

kotto25

Oct 27, 2021
New Jersey
Does anyone know where in the US I can get a crown race for the Acros headset? I would like to get one for a second fork. I see I can buy the whole headset again from Orbea, but I'd rather not have to do that. I also found that I can get it on the Acros website but international shipping is very expensive.

Would this one work...

Cane Creek 40-Series Crown Race (41/30) Steel, 1-1/8"

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
The headset crown race you linked to is for a 1 1/8" steer tube. The Rise H has a tapered steerer. It means the bottom of the steerer near the crown is 1.5" in diameter and the top near the handlebars is indeed 1 1/8".
The headset designation for the Orbea Rise is IS42/52 which means it is an integrated headset. The bearing go right into the frame with no press-in holders for the bearings.
So the crown diameter for the 52mm diameter steerer is 40mm.
Here is a link to the Cane Creek product if you want to use Cane Creek.

kotto25

Oct 27, 2021
New Jersey
The headset crown race you linked to is for a 1 1/8" steer tube. The Rise H has a tapered steerer. It means the bottom of the steerer near the crown is 1.5" in diameter and the top near the handlebars is indeed 1 1/8".
The headset designation for the Orbea Rise is IS42/52 which means it is an integrated headset. The bearing go right into the frame with no press-in holders for the bearings.
So the crown diameter for the 52mm diameter steerer is 40mm.
Here is a link to the Cane Creek product if you want to use Cane Creek.

Great! Thank you very much for the information.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles