Creaking front end or headset 2020 Cube 140 AT - design or maintenance?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Hi all,
I am extremely happy with my 2020 Cube Stereo hybrid 140AT, except for one detail: Creaking that seems to come from the front end over small bumbs on the road. My dealer has greased and tightened everything and it took care of the problem for a few days, but it came back.

My question is this: Has anyone else experienced this consistently?
What I would like to understand is if this could be due to the design of the new for 2020 carbon frame or simply a matter of greasing and tightenting as on any bike.

I know all bikes can creak, so this is a question if someone has noticed it consitently on this frame. I have seen the headsets are an issue, maybe thats it?

Last edited:

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
Hi all,
I am extremely happy with my 2020 Cube Stereo hybrid 140AT, except for one detail: Creaking that seems to come from the front end over small bumbs on the road. My dealer has greased and tightened everything and it took care of the problem for a few days, but it came back.

My question is this: Has anyone else experienced this consistently?
What I would like to understand is if this could be due to the design of the new for 2020 carbon frame or simply a matter of greasing and tightenting as on any bike.

I know all bikes can creak, so this is a question if someone has noticed it consitently on this frame. I have seen the headsets are an issue, maybe thats it?
Search on this forum cube headset and you will see that most cube owners have changed the headset to one from superstar components then no creaking.Allso not expensive.
All the best from Tony

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
Mine started creaking after 50 miles or so, I stripped it down and the headset was dry, greased it put it back together and it’s been silent and working as it should, I’m now on 800ish miles.
Same experience, but after 400 km :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles