Crazy steep and seats

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Man how do you people have time to know where your knees or thighs are?
When I’m going down hills it’s more like shit that’s steep, hold on, enjoy the ride and don’t die!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
100m elevation drop over 800m isn't particularly steep.

I'd read your op as 800m elevation

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
I'm gonna go on a limb here;
Super buttclenching steep (without mentioning degrees) would mean you would have to zizgzag down, if the terrain allows it. By doing this you effectively unsteepen the descent. The longer the distance you zigzag side to side, the more you take away from the degrees decline.

On any gnarly descents for me personally, I can't touch the seat for fear of tipping over.

Anyways,
800m of length over 100m of height:
20191104_093005.png

For reference: 80 degrees descent :p
20191104_093326.png

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I'm gonna go on a limb here;
Super buttclenching steep (without mentioning degrees) would mean you would have to zizgzag down, if the terrain allows it. By doing this you effectively unsteepen the descent. The longer the distance you zigzag side to side, the more you take away from the degrees decline.

On any gnarly descents for me personally, I can't touch the seat for fear of tipping over.

Anyways,
800m of length over 100m of height:
View attachment 21172

For reference: 80 degrees descent :p
View attachment 21173
Yeah narh, it was crazy steep ?‍♂️

slippery pete

Oct 29, 2019
Scotland
Don't know what you've ridden but...

Vert entry settling to 50 degree. Average 40 degree top to bottom.

Controlled descent on grippy limestone (37 degrees) with a certain amount of playing it up for the camera...

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
We should just stop using degrees and percentages and just use crazy steep and super butt clenching steep instead.
Pants shittingly steep is another one.
Seat staining steep would be a good one for you Outer.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
We should just stop using degrees and percentages and just use crazy steep and super butt clenching steep instead.
Pants shittingly steep is another one.
Seat staining steep would be a good one for you Outer.
How bout it was foam chewing steep ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Don't know what you've ridden but...

Vert entry settling to 50 degree. Average 40 degree top to bottom.

Controlled descent on grippy limestone (37 degrees) with a certain amount of playing it up for the camera...

All I know is it was seat staining steep and all the video links and graphs in the world can’t give it prospective.

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
This is buttclenching steep for me, but only for 20 meters or so. Angle is a guesstimate.

angle_1572864425121.png

If I'd be anywhere near my seat on this I would tumble over. I gently massage my ass with the top of my rear tyre when going down these slopes.

Would I be able to do this for +-800m? Maybe, but not in a straight line. I'd probably keel over zigzagging due to not enough momentum on loose over hard.

But then again I'm no pro by any means.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You sit too much. ?
At least the coarseness will aid in saddle grip on foam chewing steep descents ?

Hey! I do lots of climbing unlike you crazy rampage riders!

Also I don’t sit on or near my seat on full on descents. Half my rear tire rubber is imbedded into my shorts.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Got to have hip flex so with legs extended you can stretch ya upper body so that while ya butt gets a rear wheel scrub and you still can kiss the stem.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Did you video it? Or Strava it? If you set it as a segment Strava will work out the distance and drop for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles