Cracking noise from Shimano E8000

PUMPDAD

Jul 28, 2020
Sussex
Hi guys

I have a Thok with a Shimano E8000 motor which has only done 150miles, from new, and im getting a cracking noise coming from the bottom bracket/motor under pedalling. Any ideas of what it could be?

thanks in advance

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Mine did the same. Had to remove the mounting screws, clean the contact points on the motor and the frame, grease them and then retighten everything. Silence once again.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
3030 trouble free miles on my e8000 now. I do get a “cracking” sound from somewhere when pedaling occasionally but performance from the motor and battery have been perfect since I got the bike in late November 19’. I did get a stick jammed up into the motor box about a 1000 miles ago which caused all kinds of rough pedaling and noise till I pryed and shook the wood splinters out and smooth sailing ever since. I have never used water to wash my bike and it sees it’s fair share of mud, rain, and snow throughout the year.
9C093257-7365-461D-A35E-A660D3440AF4.jpeg

PUMPDAD

Jul 28, 2020
Sussex
Mine did the same. Had to remove the mounting screws, clean the contact points on the motor and the frame, grease them and then retighten everything. Silence once again.

Well last night I doused the crank/BB and lockring in WD40 and left it overnight, and went for a blast over Surrey Hills Earlier this morning. Not a squeak in sight, and yes I know the WD will eat into the bearing grease but the silence far outweighs the replaced bearings ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles