Levo Gen 3 Convert back to full 29'

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hi guys, yesterday i swap my Levo SL with this new monster and i was really curious if a 29 wheel will fit on the rear.
So i try with standard flip chip but nothing. With the long configuration wheel will fit perfectly.
Here you are some photo
This for whom hate mullet configuration like me.
Within a normal use have less benefits that issues

Regards

Rups

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Unfortunately not.
I have to say a few words on this subject:
the moment I wore out the 2.4 tire the problems started. I tried the 2.6 but it doesn't fit, too big.
I then went back to the Mullet configuration, 27.5x2.6 behind, raised the rear axle (high configuration) and the feeling is that it is a bike very similar to before.
Although I do not like it, with the 27.5 back I can mount tires at will while with the 29 I am forced to max 2.4
Another positive matter is that i can mount mudguard on the rear.

I hope I was clear:
29x2.4, low setting very similar to 27,5x2.6 high setting

Tomnz

Jul 24, 2021
Porirua, New Zealand
I ended up trying mine 29/29 in the low setting with the slackest headset cup in and didn't like it, I found for some reason it upset the handling of the bike. I had been riding it in the high setting with the standard headset cup and going to the 29er setting it raised the bb 3mm. I've since put a pre production shock that one of the suspension shops here in New Zealand is developing and don't feel the need for the 29er wheel anymore

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
I ended up trying mine 29/29 in the low setting with the slackest headset cup in and didn't like it, I found for some reason it upset the handling of the bike. I had been riding it in the high setting with the standard headset cup and going to the 29er setting it raised the bb 3mm. I've since put a pre production shock that one of the suspension shops here in New Zealand is developing and don't feel the need for the 29er wheel anymore
Have you tried also with standard headset ?
With slackest i had the same feeling than you, but not with STD headset

Tomnz

Jul 24, 2021
Porirua, New Zealand
For me my other bike is a well sorted yeti sb150 and initially I didn't like the mullet setup but having ridden the levo alot more now I feel it is best suited with a 27.5 rear wheel, especially now with running the coil shock it is great

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Surely the title should be "convert" rather than revert as the bike is designed to be a mullet :cool:

Tomnz

Jul 24, 2021
Porirua, New Zealand
Surely the title should be "convert" rather than revert as the bike is designed to be a mullet :cool:
To be fair the way the 29 rear wheel fits it wouldn't surprise me if putting the smaller back wheel in was a last minute change. I think I'll try to an offset bushing with the 29 rear wheel and see how that feels, I've been riding my yeti lately and going back to the mullet levo I'm having th same feelings I did when it first arrived again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles