Container of 127 Giant e-bikes stolen from the A12

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Theft of ebikes is real.
In my country there is a new kind of ebike theft going on. Where the thieves look on public strava profiles with recent routes.
That way they track where you started your ride to home.
Stole 14 ebikes in a day couple weeks ago

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
At least here in the UK ebikes will be redundant soon and thieves will target something else as nobody will be able to afford the electricity to charge them...silver linings and all that.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Even lone riders can be targeted. Be careful out there.
A work colleague was knocked off his commuting ebike the other day by 3 kids on 2 mopeds. This is in broad daylight on a fairly busy road at 4.00pm. At first, he tried to resist but when they produced hammers he let them take the bike. As he watched one of the thieves ride off on the bike, he suddenly realised that in his pannier were his phone, laptop, wallet with cards, and house keys. Still dazed, he looked around and miraculously his pannier was on the ground. Somehow, his pannier had unclipped itself from the bike when it hit the ground.So all things considered, he feels that he got away lightly.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Another story on BikeBiz:

Shimano components for 10,000 bikes stolen from Czech bicycle producer
While transporting the components, unknown criminals put a truck driver to sleep by gas in a parking lot and stole the Shimano components, BFI said in a statement.

Goodmango13

Jan 25, 2020
NY
Okay, so that totally sucks all the way around, completely and undoubtedly !!! Really not good.....,
However, after owning 2 Giant Emtb's and calling and emailing and begging for a response from them over 2 years on 2 separate bikes, they never once responded in any form, ever! Now when I read the article they have put their contact info in there to help them connect in any way to find more info.....
Can't help but let that little bit of resentment slide off my finger tips, especially my middle finger in response to their calls for help....Ouch! Sorry, but just sayin'.....truly hope they recover the bikes for everyone's benefit, just don't ask those burned by their non-responsive customer support to do the responding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles