Levo Gen 2 Collecting all the known issues

Darkred

Oct 9, 2020
Sheffield
I need to moan about my Levo 2019 ........................ sorry

Got the bike back after 4 weeks waiting for a Motor going pop. Rode it once. Got all kitted up to go out last night for ride 2 and the bike wouldn't power up

Had a look and the battery / Motor cable has the well known problem, Its kinked and so broken and intermittently powers up if you wiggle the cable. The rubber shoulder on the motor connector is split as well so will take in water.

Got to wait for specialized to accept the claim (i hope they do) and then get hold of the cable which will take 2 mins to fit (for those that know it it its designed backwards as well so it has to loop back on itself and is prone to break)......or its pay about £80 for one which is a stupid price for a cable and on a bike this age and i refuse to do.

Any other problems i am due????. I know all bikes have issues and I love e biking but I am Beginning to hate Specialized. (but i love the bike when it is working) I have had the bike for 10 months and i am getting over 1/10 of the time its been unusable. I got in touch with rider care and it took them 6 weeks to get back to me. Useless.

I don't feel this is fair???? I know ebikes are new but This is pretty crap isn't it ...................................LBS is a chain so i wont get any joy from them :(

Sorry for the moan but any ideas??......................Grumpy bikeless and pissed off !!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
search for the original thread on the motor/battery cable. you will see the difference in design but you will also see some examples of DIY repairs. A DIY repair will keep you riding whilst you claim under warranty for a new cable. That thread includes a pic of my original cable which I stripped and repaired and now serves as a spare in my parts box.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Best advice i can give is find a good dealer, they are out there but you may have to travel a couple of hours to get to them but your bike will be fixed quickly and they carry stock of parts

If you live in the south of the UK then Chris Rielly@Berkshire cycles is who you need to see, same day motor swaps whilst you wait, motors and other parts kept in stock. great service, well informed team and great discounts on new bikes, there is a reason why he is called the Levo king, he has people making 6 hour round trips to see him

If your in the midlands then RaceCo cycles have a great reputation, haven't dealt with them my self but others on here highly rate them

If your in the north then i cant help but im sure if you ask on here people will tell you who the go to dealer is up there

Just be prepared to travel to get great service

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles