Cold weather goggles

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Just a quick question as to what you guys use for cold (winter) weather googles. I usually wear glasses so I need OTG goggles and wear a full face MX helmet during winter riding. I have yet to find a decent pair of goggles I like. Just looking for opinions.

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
I think all the main brands make over glasses goggles, the main limitation is usually the helmet not having enough space for them (on MX helmets anyway) my dad used to have to try a few helmets before he was happy, I didn't need to as I don't wear glasses fortunately. He used to struggle in cold wet weather with steaming up.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
My only goggles are Oakley Fall Line's with the Torch MX lense. You can get a low light bronze lense and clear of course. They fit over my prescription glasses well and don't fog. They pair very well with my Full face which is a Fox Rampage Pro carbon.

fallline.JPG

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
my experience has been that Goggles with a mesh rather than foam area between the lens and frame at the top do not mist up as long as that area is not blocked by the helmet and preferably if the helmet also has vents just above that area to match............that invariably means buying the same brand goggles as helmet. I use a Smith Mainline full face with the Smith MTB goggles.........no misting up. Just like riding glasses, it also pays in the long run to get quality lenses ( preferably Zeiss). Whether or not any specific set of goggles will fit comfortably over prescription glasses is probably only checked by trial and error.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I'm using these Smith Squad googles with full face helmet (Bell Super DH). Of course, the fit depends on the model of the glasses

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
I have Oakley Airbrakes. During the winter I use double lens in the goggles and for summer single lens. Almost all the goggles manufactures have double lenses for winter time use. They are quite easy to swap at least in Oakleys.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I'll be using SMITH ski goggles on my ski helmet. Ski helmet are much warmer than bike helmets and you can still wear a full face balaclava under them.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
I wear my Fox VR3 helmet in the winter. It's actually an MX helmet, but works great and it's warmer than any MTB helmet. Weighs a bit more, but that is a non-event.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles