Neoprene Battery Wraps for Cold Weather?

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I'm getting a hunting E-MTB for hunting with 2 wheel drive and therefore 2 batteries. The one on the down tube (52 V, 17.5 Ah) is about 16 inches long (40 cm.)and the rear battery under the rack (52 V, 14 Ah0 is a flat rectangular battery about 12 inches (13.5 cm.)
I found a 4.5 mm thick neoprene cover for the rear battery from Nashbar but all the covers for long, narrow batteries as I have on the own tube seem too short. Anyone know of longer neoprene battery covers?

Because I will be hunting at over 9,000 ft. in Nevada, temperatures often dip into the 30s F. range and I want the insulating covers to extend the battery power. At night they will "sleep" inside my tent beside my down sleeping bag after re-charging.
BTW, does charging the batteries warm them up much?

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks 'cruddy,
I talked to NASHBAR and got dimensions for their FAHRER AKKU battery covers that I'll post here with prices.
NOTE: SPECIALIZED also sells these FAHRER battery wraps.

NASHBAR NEOPRENE BATTERY WRAPS SPECS: (See the NASHBAR or SPECIALIZED sites for photos)
AKC-T-M -> 21" x 12" $32.99
AKC-S-G -> 14" x 8.25" $33.50
AKC-U-R -> 24" x 5" $33.50
AKC-U-G -> 10.75" L x 4"H x 8.5" H

** The WARNING posted on the site (and at the SPECIALIZED site) says do NOT use these insulating sleeves at temperatures over 59 F. I'd say don't use them at temps over 45 F. to be safe from overheating batteries when in use.

Last edited:

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
See my previous pot for dimensions and prices. Strangely neither the NASHBAR or SPECIALIZED sites hav any dimensions. Not helpful.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles