Coil rear shock for 2019 Norco Sight VLT 2

FrankBouwer

Apr 29, 2020
Queensland
Good day you good people out there! I'm considering a coil rear shock upgrade to my Sight VLT, the manufacturer says that they have not tested a coil shock on a Sight VLT yet so have no official answer. I'm looking for advise from anyone who has tried this combo. Regards

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Have a read of the excellent info in this thread;

Suspension set-up guides and info - EMTB Forums

Manufacturers use rear shocks that match the properties of the bike's rear linkage so a coil shock may not be an upgrade, and the reviews I've just read of this bike all compliment the suspension set up and choice of components.

What's wrong with your current setup?

The only reason I'm saying this is that I looked into changing my rear shock (on a Haibike) and wanted to learn more before spending more money on something I didn't know much about. My conclusion was that the manufacturers know what they're doing and learning how to set up the fork and shock properly pays dividends for no cost but YMMV.

Last edited:

FrankBouwer

Apr 29, 2020
Queensland
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm currently running a Rock Shox Delux that the bike was spec'd with, in terms of energy absorption it does OK but it feels "dull"... The fork is a Pike and it feels really responsive and quick while seeming to be dragging the back of the bike around... Make sense? I have been contemplating fitting a coil rear shock as I used to have one on my old Giant AC and I liked it. The obvious move seems to be to get a better air shock but I though I would check if anyone has fitted a coil shock to a Sight successfully.

ville101

Jan 31, 2020
canada
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm currently running a Rock Shox Delux that the bike was spec'd with, in terms of energy absorption it does OK but it feels "dull"... The fork is a Pike and it feels really responsive and quick while seeming to be dragging the back of the bike around... Make sense? I have been contemplating fitting a coil rear shock as I used to have one on my old Giant AC and I liked it. The obvious move seems to be to get a better air
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm currently running a Rock Shox Delux that the bike was spec'd with, in terms of energy absorption it does OK but it feels "dull"... The fork is a Pike and it feels really responsive and quick while seeming to be dragging the back of the bike around... Make sense? I have been contemplating fitting a coil rear shock as I used to have one on my old Giant AC and I liked it. The obvious move seems to be to get a better air shock but I though I would check if anyone has fitted a coil shock to a Sight successfully.
hi.. im currently testing one right now.. i fit in a cane creek db cs rear shock with 500lb spring on it.. everything working awesome but when i hit a 3 feet drop it bottoms out.. im thinking to buy a 450-550 progressive spring from cane creek and see how that go.. awesome bike though

FrankBouwer

Apr 29, 2020
Queensland

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland

Squinto

Nov 23, 2019
Lower Mainland
Just an update on the coil shock saga. I ended up buying a Bomber CR with a VALT 500-610 lbs progressive spring and am super happy! Regards

How do you like it? Any pics of your set up?What’s your weight? Just trying to figure if we would have a similar setup. I have the 2020 Sight VLT A1. Cheers

Simon

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
SO is that all that needs to be done to convert it a heavier progressive spring ? Iv heard that if you don’t use a progressive spring that it could damage the frame ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles