First E-bike, Norco Sight VLT and it rocks!

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
20190206_194826.jpg

Wasn't getting along with the entry Code R levers, just couldn't get the bite/reach/pad clearance I like. I'm way too fussy with my controls. So put on some old favorites. Bled them up and perfect ?
This whole bike is just about perfect now.
Burped the stock DHR landing off a drop into a rock section, the 2.6 Maxxis tires are just too weak in the sidewalls. Put a 2.5 WT DH tire on and it's got a truckload more support. Probably won't last long in the maxx grip compound though.
Having a few weeks off at the moment.
A minor tumble resulted in a busted up shoulder.
20190218_184751.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ouch! that looks nasty, clavicle broke right next to the joint?
Shoulders are tricky, see a physio as soon as you can stand any manipulation/exercises.
Healing thoughts!

Gazzer

Nov 4, 2019
Sydney, Australia
Also trialing a prototype chain retention device.
Dropped the chain a couple of times, but this was on a very rough, steep downhill trail.
If it works I'll make a better looking version. ?
View attachment 9513
Hey Dewi,
Those are excellent mods! Wish I was more handy! I need a chain device as well as better protection for the bottom of my VLT 2. I replaced the that ridiculous $$ plastic casing once already and recently I've dropped my chain between the ring and the carbon frame body which has made a hell of a mess! Any tips or ... templates? ? P.S hope you've healed up well!

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Hey Dewi,
Those are excellent mods! Wish I was more handy! I need a chain device as well as better protection for the bottom of my VLT 2. I replaced the that ridiculous $$ plastic casing once already and recently I've dropped my chain between the ring and the carbon frame body which has made a hell of a mess! Any tips or ... templates? ? P.S hope you've healed up well!
The rubber pad ended up being too much drag on rocks and trees, I just run quite a few layers of strong reinforced tape over the plastic guard now. The chain guide is just a bent piece of flat alloy, just experiment, not too difficult. The bolt is just a cement anchor that expands to hold in place, I dont overtighten it. The guide is easily swivels by hand but tight enough to not move when riding.
I do plan to make another but it works and I'm enjoying riding my new analogue bike at the moment.

Gazzer

Nov 4, 2019
Sydney, Australia
The rubber pad ended up being too much drag on rocks and trees, I just run quite a few layers of strong reinforced tape over the plastic guard now. The chain guide is just a bent piece of flat alloy, just experiment, not too difficult. The bolt is just a cement anchor that expands to hold in place, I dont overtighten it. The guide is easily swivels by hand but tight enough to not move when riding.
I do plan to make another but it works and I'm enjoying riding my new analogue bike at the moment.
Thanks for the tips. I think a chain device is definitely a must. I’ll have a go at knocking something out. Great to hear your mended and back at it!
Cheers @Dewi

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles