Levo Gen 2 Clicking noise, with resistance, about 5 times per revolution in motor area on 2020 Turbo Levo Comp.

Newbut Old

Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
Hi, So I read several threads on Turbo Levo motor click but I have specific symptoms that maybe someone would be able to help diagnose? I get a click, with a slight resistance with each click, about 5 clicks per full pedal revolution when I have bike up in stand and with motor on or off? Not a year old yet and will be taking in to dealer.... but small town dealer and I think we are about the only 2 Specialized E bikes in town. So would like some help just to point the local mechanic in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
A friend of mine had a similar issue some weeks ago.
It was 4 cliks pr round.

It was his "devive-that-makes-sure-the-chain-dosent-fall-off-the-front-ring" that was a bit low, so it hit the chain spider.
We just had to adjust it some millimeters up, and it went away.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
It was 4 cliks pr round.

It was his "devive-that-makes-sure-the-chain-dosent-fall-off-the-front-ring" that was a bit low, so it hit the chain spider.
This ?

Newbut Old

Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
It was 4 cliks pr round.

Thanks.... and I actually just discovered that. Went out to check motor mount bolts and sure enough, the one above the chain stay did tighten some and that raised the chain stay (or whatever it's proper name is). And I can see where it was indeed hitting the spider. Lifted up and pedaled and pretty sure that was all it was. Will take a test ride in a few. Thanks so much!

hshan

Jul 5, 2021
Minnesota
Thanks for this post. I developed same issue. Read numerous posts and was ready to take it in.. read this post. Checked, and sure enough, that was it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles