Cheap Phone Mount

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
OK, so this won't appeal to a lot of you as it doesn't have the necessary "0" or "00" added to the price to make it "bike" suitable ..

Despite that, it actually seems pretty good. €7 with free delivery to Europe and Asia. Mine came in about 6 days. If you want the more expensive version, €70, which is more bike suitable, PM me and I'll send you one. o_O:LOL:

They have been mentioned on here before and found on aliexpress, but they're also available on e-bay and the price is the same or cheaper ...

Can hold the phone in portrait or landscape. Attaches firmly to the bars and comes with spacers for different sizes. Comes with allen keys and foam pads to protect your handlebars. Also comes with an extra "long screw" which I think is so you can also mount it straight to the steerer (but don't quote me on that because I'm a muppet).

GUB Anti-Slip Bicycle Adjustable Phone Holder Mount Bracket Handlebar Clip Y9U7 | eBay

Just tried it on a short ride and it's solid ! Confident I could throw in all my normal falls and the phone would stay in place.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Aha - so the water bottle is just a disguise... for a solex agitator!
Did you use your Ericsson JB988 (mobile phone) on the above test run?

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I've got a very similar (identical possibly) one that I use on my bike. Holds the phone really well (Ulefone Armor) and is incredibly secure.

I think I might have paid a couple of £ more, but ordered it through Amazon Prime to get free next day delivery.

The only issue I really have is when I don't fit the phone and don't tighten the screw to close it up, it then has a bit of a rattle - hardly the end of the world though.

maranjo

Oct 5, 2019
Croatia
Might be good, especially if it can be mounted on stem.
But if it can does it it stay in same direction even if you turn the wheel.:unsure:Or I am asking stupid question:cry:....

OK, so this won't appeal to a lot of you as it doesn't have the necessary "0" or "00" added to the price to make it "bike" suitable ..

Despite that, it actually seems pretty good. €7 with free delivery to Europe and Asia. Mine came in about 6 days. If you want the more expensive version, €70, which is more bike suitable, PM me and I'll send you one. o_O:LOL:

They have been mentioned on here before and found on aliexpress, but they're also available on e-bay and the price is the same or cheaper ...

Can hold the phone in portrait or landscape. Attaches firmly to the bars and comes with spacers for different sizes. Comes with allen keys and foam pads to protect your handlebars. Also comes with an extra "long screw" which I think is so you can also mount it straight to the steerer (but don't quote me on that because I'm a muppet).

GUB Anti-Slip Bicycle Adjustable Phone Holder Mount Bracket Handlebar Clip Y9U7 | eBay

Just tried it on a short ride and it's solid ! Confident I could throw in all my normal falls and the phone would stay in place.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Mounts on the handlebars rather than the stem. On mine you choose either landscape or portrait mode by putting the screws in different positions, to move it from one to the other you have to unbolt the platform (you can leave the bit on the handlebars.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk

Ta Zim ! I'm going to get one of those.

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
There are a lot of GUB mounts available. Do your homework to get the right solution, they're a good quality mount. They have different colors, different lengths of "teeth" to hold your phone, different stem lengths, different rotation options, different versions that are longer/shorter. There's about 8 different options to chose from.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
When I suggested in the never ending "Zimmerman needs to know the perfect tyre" thread you ride your bike more to get used to the tyres you have I meant INSTEAD of posting here. Not bar mounting your phone and posting WHILE riding ;)

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
When I suggested in the never ending "Zimmerman needs to know the perfect tyre" thread you ride your bike more to get used to the tyres you have I meant INSTEAD of posting here. Not bar mounting your phone and posting WHILE riding ;)
If it wasn't for the ubiquitous Zimmer I think the forum wouldn't have half the posts it does ? ! Top fella ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Did you use your Ericsson JB988 (mobile phone) on the above test run?

I just went shuffling through boxes trying to find my antique sony cr-r111 to take a stupid photo .. can't find it so you'll have to use your imagination and appreciate the ridiculousness of the idea..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Might be good, especially if it can be mounted on stem.
But if it can does it it stay in same direction even if you turn the wheel.
Mounts on the handlebars rather than the stem.

Does mount on the bars, but I think the additional screw is supplied so you can also stem mount, though as @SmackIt says, there are several versions, so some might not come with the screw.

I guess if you mounted it on the stem, it would turn with the bars ?

maranjo

Oct 5, 2019
Croatia
Sounds like we're re-running the hurricane joke ???

Why do they name hurricanes after ladies ... because when they come they're wet and wild .. and when they go they take your house and car ..
Sounds like we're re-running the hurricane joke ???

Belive it or not, I am in the middle of Pacific right now.:(Wet girls... I wish:love:, but Typhoons and Hurricanes.Please no.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Looks decent enough - about the price I would pay. Freaking pissed at stupid prices some things sell for with a brand name on them.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Had 5 minutes waiting for the deluge to finish, so tried it on the steerer with the extra supplied bolt.

It can be mounted there rather than on the bars if you prefer.

Doesn't work so well on the Kenevo though because of the swat tools.

IMG_20191012_154215115.jpg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I think something like Zimmer Falls EMTB or Zimmer Fails EMTB would get more views and be considerably more honest ! :)
Now I’m confused as to which Zimmer Frame we would see you with after having a zimmer fall or zimmer fail on such YouTube channel.
Can’t wait to subscribe to the channel ?

1624D604-8CF9-4031-815D-77DAF6CECB66.jpeg

9BCE0ED3-96ED-45FF-8CD3-FE541E9C4187.jpeg

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Now I’m confused as to which Zimmer Frame we would see you with

Definitely an eZimmer with 1000W motor and a platform to stand on.
Probably only have a front bar to hold on to so he could bail easily when his ambition exceeds his ability ..... going to be quite often according to his posts :whistle:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles