• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Pizza_EMTB

Apr 18, 2024
Liphook, Surrey, england
Hey everyone i have a 12 speed sram system with a gx axs deralier and a nx cassette that has worn out recently and was condering what cassette I should go for when I want max durability.

I am not willing to get rid of my gx axs deralier and I have a hg freehub body.

The options I have seen are sunrace e bike specific, sram nx, sram sx and give me any other ideas if you can think of any.

If you have any experience or knowledge with these or ideas for other cassettes then feel free to say your opinion and help me decide.
Thanks

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
The SX is the lowest line of the Eagle range

Id honestly stick to the NX and potentially get a better chain to prolong the cassette life

I run GX AXS derailleur, NX cassette and about to change to an XX1 Chain

Pizza_EMTB

Apr 18, 2024
Liphook, Surrey, england
The SX is the lowest line of the Eagle range

Id honestly stick to the NX and potentially get a better chain to prolong the cassette life

I run GX AXS derailleur, NX cassette and about to change to an XX1 Chain
Yeh the reason I found out it was worn is because I bought a new kmc e bike chain and it was skipping around everywhere when in turbo and auto modes

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
NX is all Steel but only the last 3 gears are pinned. GX is all steel apart from the 50 or 52t cog (ally) but is fully pinned. Sitting on a XD driver rather than a HG also contributes to making the cassette more secure.......using a HG cassette often leads to the cassette gougeing the splines on the freehub body. So overall, changing to an XD driver and a GX cassette is a better option in my opinion. albeit more expensive than merely changeing for a new NX cassette.

That said, cassette wear is largely caused by the chain. GX and X01 are the best quality Eagle chains for an Ebike. GX should last about 500 miles, x01 possibly 1000 miles ( both to 0,5% wear)due to a harder coating, but then X01 is twice the price of the GX so it works out a bout the same (XX1 is merely lighter so a lot more money for no real benefit over the X01). NX chains are not good!!

Pizza_EMTB

Apr 18, 2024
Liphook, Surrey, england
NX is all Steel but only the last 3 gears are pinned. GX is all steel apart from the 50 or 52t cog (ally) but is fully pinned. Sitting on a XD driver rather than a HG also contributes to making the cassette more secure.......using a HG cassette often leads to the cassette gougeing the splines on the freehub body. So overall, changing to an XD driver and a GX cassette is a better option in my opinion. albeit more expensive than merely changeing for a new NX cassette.

That said, cassette wear is largely caused by the chain. GX and X01 are the best quality Eagle chains for an Ebike. GX should last about 500 miles, x01 possibly 1000 miles ( both to 0,5% wear)due to a harder coating, but then X01 is twice the price of the GX so it works out a bout the same (XX1 is merely lighter so a lot more money for no real benefit over the X01). NX chains are not good!!
Do you know about the sx cassette though? Everything I have seen it looks like it's the same as the nx but the cassette is heavier and dousent have a spider so it's separate

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles