Levo Gen 2 Carbon comp repair stand

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I’ve had a search, but couldn’t really find the answer, new to me carbon comp and I’m wondering how the best way to use a maintenance repair stand with it is please? frame? Or other or don’t use one?
I have the opportunity to pick up a park tools stand tomorrow, but don’t want to waste my cash if it’s a no no? Thanks….

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Best way? Maybe, maybe not. Works for me? Absolutely!

The "jaws" have soft rubber inserts and are not clamped tight onto the carbon.

BikeStand.jpg

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
Thats a slick solution! ^^

Great setup by the way - I have the same Levo Expert (same colors) with the Maguras and the Fox 38. Only difference is that I also swapped out the rear shock

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I had a DPX2 on the back an strangely it went faulty, so I left the original one on, which works great.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
This thread shows that there is not one right way or best way. Seat post works for you? Cool, then use it. Prefer the frame? Do it that way. Whichever your prefer, be careful so that you don't crush or scratch the bike.

The only reason I picked frame over seat post is that the frame location results in less torque on the stand. That heavy battery really wants to rotate the bike! The bike is a little closer to balanced with the frame grab.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
More detail would be great!
Its a Park Tools PRS 22.2. The bike is secured using a fork mount (it has a variety of settings) and the motor sits on a support at the other end. A strap is used to tie it down and make it more secure. The rear support is actually designed for standard bike bottom brackets so it is 2 prongs. I wedged a rubber block between the prongs to provide a flat platform. The bike can be mounted as per the photo or the rear thru axle can be used in which case the bike position would be reversed. You would mount that way, if for example, you wanted to remove the forks for a headset service etc; other wise most maintenance tasks can be done with the bike positioned as per the photo. You can buy an extension piece for the flat bar to make it a little longer.......I have it fitted. It makes sure bikes with longer distances between the fork and motor can still fit. I mount my Levo, my Whyte E180RS and my wifes Cube Access on this stand. Both the Whyte and the Cube have frame designs that make hanging the bike by its frame very awkward if not impossible ( albeit the drop handlebars idea above works!). Getting the bike on the stand is easy. Mount the fork in the front clamp using the thru axle first, then lift the back of the bike up onto the rear support, then tie it down with the strap.
What I love about this rack given the limited pace I have allocated myself in my garage, is that the bike can be rotated 360 degrees. So I can work on both sides of the bike ( or front or back) without me having to move.

6950rpm

Sep 22, 2021
Isle of Wight
Thanks all, went for this option in the end ??
View attachment 72701

Which bike bar is that one? Saris?

All the ones I can find seem to be rated lower than the weight of the bike but I’m guessing this is for when it is being used to hang the bike on a boot rack and to be able to handle the dynamic loads in transit where as the stress of just suspending the bike from a stand would be less.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Which bike bar is that one? Saris?

All the ones I can find seem to be rated lower than the weight of the bike but I’m guessing this is for when it is being used to hang the bike on a boot rack and to be able to handle the dynamic loads in transit where as the stress of just suspending the bike from a stand would be less.

yes it’s the Saris one, only rated to 35lb, but as you say it’s not under any other loads as would be in transit which is what it’s really designed for, it actually seems really secure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles