Canyon Spectral:ON Saddle

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Rode my mates Spectral yesterday, really liked the saddle.

Can you buy these saddles direct from Canyon, had a look on their site but couldn't see them listed but sure I read someone on here bought one for their non Canyon bike?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes. They're in the ebike accessories section of Canyons terrible to navigate shop site

a saddle with a lip at the rear making it more difficult to slide over/off the back make absolutelyzero sense to me though.

Did you go to Carbs?

Last edited:

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Yes. They're in the ebike accessories section of Canyons terrible to navigate shop site

a saddle with a lip at the rear making it more difficult to slide over/off the back make absolutelyzero sense to me though.

Did you go to Carbs?

Get that, its good when you are going up steep hills though.

I did the 5 peaks yesterday afternoon and finished off with the descent from Allermuir, was quite a big ride and needed two batteries.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's kinda windy here today so probably not the best for some of the jumps at Carbs TBF.

I'm laid up, by Thursday my left shin had started healing but my right had swelled up making it painful AF to weight bear and tender to the touch. Spent Friday afternoon at the GP then in A&E for X-Rays. Nothing broken (although they found yet an other old fracture I didn't know I'd done) but the puncture wound (hidden by my shorts at the time) has become infected so I'm meant to be resting while the antibiotics and anti inflamatories do their job. It's doing my head in. Can't even get out for a bevvy.

EbikeTom

Sep 23, 2018
Annecy, France
I agree with Gary, I’m not convinced on the raised back, and quite sure it‘s been responsible for a few near misses, it makes no sense at all...

It’s also certainly not the most comfortable I’ve had. Call me a cynic, but I think this trend for “ebike” specific saddles and parts in general is largely marketing (maybe a good topic for a new thread!).

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Dunno if I agree, when the saddle is dropped down I have no issues getting back, the saddle is comfortable compared to what is on my Devinci so that was the main driver in choice, I did also like how it holds you in, a lot like the stepped seat on my KTM.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles