Article 2019 CANYON SPECTRAL:ON 7.0 REVIEW

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Canyon was among the first to mix wheelsizes when they introduced the 2018 Spectral:On. The bike has the “regular” 27.5×2.8″ Plus tyre rear and the initial plan was to use the same tyre on the front wheel. But after a bit of testing they decided to go with a bigger rim and narrower tyre up front. I’ve heard a similar story from other manufacturers, and we’re seeing more bikes move away from the 27.5×2.8″ wheels, at least on the front wheel.

External battery for 2019?

The Spectral:On has a 500Wh external battery and not one that is hidden inside the frame. An external battery frame design usually results in a cheaper and lighter bike compared to most integrated designs. And the Spectral:On is fairly light wheighing in at 23.16kg pedals included. But not everyone like the less refined looks of a bike with an external battery. I think the external battery design has it’s place in the market and it will be with us for several years to come.

Check out the video...

Continue reading...

M

Michele

@rob It's funny how I was watching his videos and finding them very interesting and at the same time reading his reviews on this site without even knowing they were the same person!

@knut7 vry good job!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles