Canyon - Recent UK after sales support experiences

Jul 30, 2022
Scotland
I appreciate this has been discussed a lot as I've read them all! I feel this question is new, as a lot of threads are older, during covid, and before they had a recently opened UK service center (according to a users post).

I'm looking for recent experiences with Canyons after sales support, specifically from folk in the UK.

I've talked myself into, and then out of a Strive:ON CFR based on the horror stories of after sales assistance. A bike I like less but purchased from an LBS might be the wiser option here.

£6500 is a lot of cash and I'd really not want this to be an ongoing nightmare. On the plus side, I'd be buying insurance that covers accidents (but not motor/electrics) so I should hopefully mostly be covered either way - I just don't want to spend weeks/months arguing with support and without the bike.

Jul 30, 2022
Scotland
To partially answer my own question - I visited an authorized Canyon repair shop in my city.

They were saying that they've had amazing experiences with Canyon after sales. They did say it can be quite dire as an end customer if you have to deal with them but their more direct contacts have been great.

For what it's worth, they said Bosch are terrible to deal with if you need to get a replacement motor. Everything shipped to/from Germany. Takes 2 weeks there, assessment time, 2 weeks back. They highly recommended Shimano after sales for their motors, gets sent from the UK and often takes less than a week in total.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles