Canyon Pathlite:ON 7

Point Reyes

Aug 10, 2021
Somerset, UK
I've been doing a lot of reading on hybrid e-Bikes and was very interested in one of the Cube Touring Hybrid e-Bikes for my wife and I but got a little concerned about their quality and then stumbled across the Canyon Pathlite:ON 7 which looks very nice. Their direct sales to customers makes sense with regards to cost but I wonder about service. I'm in the UK and, I believe, the nearest service center is in Surrey about three hours away. I guess if I had warranty issues I could keep the shipping box and send it to them but it would be a major hassle. How about just general servicing like software updates? Would an LBS give me grief because I didn't buy it there? I wouldn't think so as you can only buy them from the factory.

Would the Canyon Pathlite:ON 7 be good for some very light off road stuff like tow paths and such? Also it looks like the ride is a bit more forward leaning than other hybrids so I wonder about comfort and numb hands.

What's your experience been with Canyon? Any input greatly appreciated.

pato

Sep 14, 2021
Switzerland
I have that bike since a year and use it for daily commuting. So far I've got a bit over 6500 KM.
At least here in Switzerland you can go to every Bosch Bike dealer to make a software update. Some ask you for a little bit of money, others make it for free, if you ask nicely.
I would say light off road is ok, but the headtube angle is fairly straight, so it's not a lot of fun. As long it's mostly hard surface, you shouldn't have any problem, like gravel fire roads.
About the numb hands, I have a fairly strong carpal tunnel issue, so in my case, yes this was a problem. Recently I've swapped the bar (and the stem, is the original is a one-piece) to a more MTB like (more rise, more backsweep) and it's considerably better. But first I'd try it with the original for a while. Otherwise comfort is fine for me, I did upgrade it with a By.Schulz G2 Short suspension seat post for a bit more comfort, in hindsight the Long travel one would have been even better.
Canyon uses mostly stock components, so every bike shop should be able to repair stuff, but then it's not warranty and you pay for it.

Point Reyes

Aug 10, 2021
Somerset, UK
I have that bike since a year and use it for daily commuting. So far I've got a bit over 6500 KM.
At least here in Switzerland you can go to every Bosch Bike dealer to make a software update. Some ask you for a little bit of money, others make it for free, if you ask nicely.
I would say light off road is ok, but the headtube angle is fairly straight, so it's not a lot of fun. As long it's mostly hard surface, you shouldn't have any problem, like gravel fire roads.
About the numb hands, I have a fairly strong carpal tunnel issue, so in my case, yes this was a problem. Recently I've swapped the bar (and the stem, is the original is a one-piece) to a more MTB like (more rise, more backsweep) and it's considerably better. But first I'd try it with the original for a while. Otherwise comfort is fine for me, I did upgrade it with a By.Schulz G2 Short suspension seat post for a bit more comfort, in hindsight the Long travel one would have been even better.
Canyon uses mostly stock components, so every bike shop should be able to repair stuff, but then it's not warranty and you pay for it.
Thanks. We settled on two Focus Planet 2 e-Bikes after looking and reading about many others. Main reason is the local bike shop had two in stock which we rode and really liked. From what I can tell they're a lot like the Canyon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles