Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3

Brixx

Oct 16, 2020
London
Any owners on here?

So I used to mountain bike - badly. Been off for a few years because of health stuff and now considering riding again, with an e bike so as to be able to keep up with friends. Took a while to accept the price points! I was originally looking at the Sp Levo SL because it is light and most like an "acoustic" bike (my last mountain bike was a stumpy). Then decided that if I was going e bike I should properly embrace it and go full power. Then decided that I would be more trail riding than technical downhill type riding with occasional road thrown in and started looked at gravel bikes. But quite rough trail probably at times so didn't want it to be totally rigid. And didn't want to give up the ability to fit in a little bit of basic technical at times. So ended up mulling the Cannondale.

It seems to be quite polarising. I'm not overly bothered about the looks. I know it is probably a bit of a compromise on all things but also seems extremely capable.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

I usually ride around mid Wales.

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
I did look at the topstone, mostly for doing road riding with some easy off-road tracks. I was looking at the rigid forks rather than the lefty. I decided to stick with my hard tail as it can do all that, although not as fast as the topstone on the road.

i just felt the hard tail is more suited to the trail riding and the occasional technical riding as well as road riding between home and trails.

Brixx

Oct 16, 2020
London
Have put a deposit down on an Orbea Rise. Would still love to ride the Topstone though ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles