Cannodale monterra neo 3

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Love to hear it. I may have more questions, but this is the bike that my gut is telling to get.
Yeah I scoured the internet for weeks before pulling the trigger. A few factors closed the deal for me.
1. Bosch - Parts are available & warranty support feedback online is positive.
2. Smart System with Kiox 300 - I am riding at several new to me spots. Using Trail forks/ Komoot I can import ride routes and display them on the Kiox. Its not perfect but might get better and still offers peace of mind as it is now.
3. LBS - As you mention they sell Cannondale locally so free adjustments are nice.
4. Cannondale - Been around forever feedback on these bikes is they are tough as tanks
5. Price / Value - Components for price point is a value compared to everything else I was seeing. Also they post the price on the website so really no haggling with the LBS in fact he knocked off $100 which I used towards the tubeless set up.

I did change the saddle to a WTB Volt that I already had purchased for my previous bike. Saddles are 100% user preference.

Tgianco

May 2, 2024
Folsom, CA
So, I went ahead and purchased the 2024 Cannondale Moterra Neo3 from Mike's Bikes in Folsom in olive green. They are going to make it tubeless, upgrade the pedals and install a water bottle holder (cheap item). It should be ready by Friday (I have a conference from Tues-Thurs anyway), and the weather here in NorCal is going to be sunny & warm next weekend. Yippee-kay-aye!

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
So, I went ahead and purchased the 2024 Cannondale Moterra Neo3 from Mike's Bikes in Folsom in olive green. They are going to make it tubeless, upgrade the pedals and install a water bottle holder (cheap item). It should be ready by Friday (I have a conference from Tues-Thurs anyway), and the weather here in NorCal is going to be sunny & warm next weekend. Yippee-kay-aye!
Awesome I think you will love it. Have them make sure Automode is installed as one of the ride modes. I had to take mine back to a Bosch dealer to have it installed. After you do that moving forward all the other updates should work from the app. Post a pic when you get it as I did not see any photos of the green till after I ordered mine. Im a little jealous! lol!!

Tip: Make sure you let off the pressure on the pedals when shifting gears or it will make a horrible crunch sounds like its eating the gears.

Last edited:

Tgianco

May 2, 2024
Folsom, CA
Awesome I think you will love it. Have them make sure Automode is installed as one of the ride modes. I had to take mine back to a Bosch dealer to have it installed. After you do that moving forward all the other updates should work from the app. Post a pic when you get it as I did not see any photos of the green till after I ordered mine. Im a little jealous! lol!!

Tip: Make sure you let off the pressure on the pedals when shifting gears or it will make a horrible crunch sounds like its eating the gears.
Should I call them to ask for that ahead of time? I have to leave town for a few days (business), so will pick it up Friday. I am hoping for a good tutorial, setting up the app, making sure the suspension is set to my height/ weight, etc. Do these bikes have a set password (almost universal, a la Himiway, Aventon, Velotric, etc)? This will be my 3rd ebike in my collection... have the Cruiser, an urban (well, suburban for me) commuter and now, the coup de grace, my e-mtb.

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Should I call them to ask for that ahead of time? I have to leave town for a few days (business), so will pick it up Friday. I am hoping for a good tutorial, setting up the app, making sure the suspension is set to my height/ weight, etc. Do these bikes have a set password (almost universal, a la Himiway, Aventon, Velotric, etc)? This will be my 3rd ebike in my collection... have the Cruiser, an urban (well, suburban for me) commuter and now, the coup de grace, my e-mtb.
I would call ahead and just have it done before you pick it up. It does not take them any time at all to do it. Bosch has tons of videos on their website. Rockshox has an app to set your pressure and rebound. The shop might be able to do that for you as well. I have not used the passcode yet. I could be wrong but it seems like it uses your phone to unlock / lock. My fear is breaking my phone then getting locked out. If I was using it as a commuter too I would consider adding the Bosch Connect Module for GPS tracking and alarm.

Tgianco

May 2, 2024
Folsom, CA
I would call ahead and just have it done before you pick it up. It does not take them any time at all to do it. Bosch has tons of videos on their website. Rockshox has an app to set your pressure and rebound. The shop might be able to do that for you as well. I have not used the passcode yet. I could be wrong but it seems like it uses your phone to unlock / lock. My fear is breaking my phone then getting locked out. If I was using it as a commuter too I would consider adding the Bosch Connect Module for GPS tracking and alarm.
Yeah, I saw that but it's not available for all Bosch models. I'll ask about it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles