Can the Orbea rise be ridden easy in off mode

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Yes, way less drag than my YT Decoy with the E8000. The weight or lack of also helps.

Cheers I am very tempted to order a M10 I don’t live in the USA tho so can’t buy yours

Did you find the bike motor quiet ?
I have a sl which I am struggling with the noise

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Cheers I am very tempted to order a M10 I don’t live in the USA tho so can’t buy yours

Did you find the bike motor quiet ?
I have a sl which I am struggling with the noise
No worries, the M10 is the best value purchase, IMO. The motor is significantly quieter than the E8000, with the slight exception of the clutch rattle in all EP8’s. Not a deal breaker though. Good luck!

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Agreed. I can turn off the motor and it really rides just like a non-ebike. It's obviously a little heavier than my analog bike, but I feel zero drag. I'm quite certain that if I ran out of battery that I could get home without any difficulty, and even have fun doing it. The clutch rattle on rocky downhills is definitely noticeable, but isn't much more than normal chain rattle on many bikes. Doesn't bother me at all.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Agreed. I can turn off the motor and it really rides just like a non-ebike. It's obviously a little heavier than my analog bike, but I feel zero drag. I'm quite certain that if I ran out of battery that I could get home without any difficulty, and even have fun doing it. The clutch rattle on rocky downhills is definitely noticeable, but isn't much more than normal chain rattle on many bikes. Doesn't bother me at all.
Cheers thank you

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
As the title says really

what’s the rise like pedalling in off mode .??? easy or impossible

cheers
I am really new to emts but not to Mtb... I still forget sometimes and just get on it w/o turning it on and just start riding it. I have a 36 lb. Kona Process 153 so I barely notice any difference in the two w/no power on the Rise.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
I feel a BIG difference compared to my carbon Occam with carbon wheels. Feels like I am riding in sand with the Rise motor off. I actually increased the eco power a bit.

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Deffinitly feels much better then all other ebikes like bosch gen4, but resistance very little of it...is still there, especialy u feel it from start, after when pedaling at more speed its not so noticable

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
How does it feel compared to riding a Turbo Levo 2.1 turned off? I ride my Levo a lot turned off and am getting blow away on the paved bike path by fat old men on analog bikes.
Massively different I had a levo and never rode it off as found it pretty hard going , with my rise when I am on the flat i Pretty much ride it off most the time , to me it’s very easy to ride off

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
My oldest daughter does not ride and I put her on my wife’s 23 lb. Canyon Lux and I rode my M10 with no power for. 4 mile dirt road trail in the park this past Monday… super easy

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
On the flat it’s easy rode a lot of Bath to Bristol canal route with motor off & son on the tag along behind. Harder off road & any form of climbing 😂

MikeL_mtb

Feb 15, 2022
New York
Yes, way less drag than my YT Decoy with the E8000. The weight or lack of also helps.
I was able to borrow a decoy from a friend with the e8000, and yes, there is a big difference in the no power pedaling between these two bikes, even in ECO the rise is much better. Once your in trail, the decoy pedals great, but the 8000 and the RS still have a pretty different feel to the power delivery.

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how the Hydro (alloy) models do in off mode. I need the longer range of the Hydro and refuse to pay carbon model prices.

Last edited:

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
I reckon it will pedal just fine. You'll just have to push 10% harder. On my M10 (19 kg) I've done a 20km ride with regular bikes with about 700m climbing. I only switched on eco for the tough climbs and was off for the rest. Its a workout but certainly manageable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles