Buying advice

Falcon

May 12, 2020
Oxford
Hi all, first post here.

I'm after some buying advice, I'm thinking of getting an eMTB as I'm wanting to get back into riding xc & trails again after 7 or so years away. The bike would also be used for commuting (about 5 miles each way) so needs to be versatile. I've seen a bike that's taken my interest, a 2019 Bergamont E-Revox Elite at a nice discount. I don't know anything about Bergamont, are they any good? This got me thinking if I was to get back into riding, which is highly likely, would I be better off getting a full sus bike, Cannondale Habit Neo 4 or Cube Stereo Hybrid 120, but these seem a bit extreme for commuting on as well. Unfortunately, I can't have more than 1 bike due to storage so need a true do it all type bike.
Are there any other bikes I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I am in a similar situation, limited space to store bikes so I need a bike that can do it all. MTB can ride on pavement but road bikes are not much good on trails so MTB wins on versatility. I keep two sets of wheels for street/gravel and knobbies for my Levo SL and it works for whatever type of riding I do.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Bergamaont are a very good brand, massive in Europe but rare in the UK. Weh ave on in the family, s hybrid bike, and its about the best put together bike I have seen.

Falcon

May 12, 2020
Oxford
Bergamaont are a very good brand, massive in Europe but rare in the UK. Weh ave on in the family, s hybrid bike, and its about the best put together bike I have seen.

Thanks, thats good to know.
Should I be concerned about it not having the latest bosch CX motor?

Falcon

May 12, 2020
Oxford
I am in a similar situation, limited space to store bikes so I need a bike that can do it all. MTB can ride on pavement but road bikes are not much good on trails so MTB wins on versatility. I keep two sets of wheels for street/gravel and knobbies for my Levo SL and it works for whatever type of riding I do.

Was thinking off having a set of road tyres for the week

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles