Bullit 2021 - 720Wh battery.

Vertas

Mar 22, 2020
Denmark
Does anyone know if it will be possible to fit the new Heckler battery into a 2021 Bullit? If it's just a little longer I don't see any issue, depending ofc, but I've already shorten up the fitting system to minimum, so the battery won't fall out :D

Assuming they did a total revamp of the frame and battery system tho, obviously?

H.E.

May 31, 2021
the mountains
Not that this would help but the new battery is actually shorter:
aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC80MS80MTUxMy1oY3Jsczg3bDc3czYtaW1hZ2VfNjQ4MzQ0MS1vcmlnaW5hbC5qcGc.jpg

Source:

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
I was thinking same, was looking to get a 2nd battery for Bullit so 720 would be 👌🏻

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I sent an email about this to Santa Cruz, but I guess that photo reveals that the batteries are not interchangeable. I think our best bet is to wait for Shimano to release a bigger capacity battery in the same physical format as BT-E8036.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
The external power socket looks like a Rosenberger (can’t be sure tho’). I wonder if the battery connector is different too - so not the proprietary Shimano one? It also looks wider, but there’s room for some extra width in a Bullit. And then there’s the software which may be different for this battery. Well, it’s certain to be unless Shimano have made some agreement with the battery manufacturer, which is possible as there’s EP8’s coming out with multiple batteries as a ‘package’ for cargo-bikes.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Got confirmation from Santa Cruz:

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, that is not something that can be done. All of our e-bikes are designed with the spec'd batteries in mind. So any other battery option outside of a direct replacement, is not possible.

Cheers,
Chris

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I guess that’s going to suck a little for everyone that bought a new Bullit when Santa Cruz updates it next year to also include a 720wh battery.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
I guess that’s going to suck a little for everyone that bought a new Bullit when Santa Cruz updates it next year to also include a 720wh battery.

It's kind of all relative... those people that were lucky enough to get one of the first Bullits have benefitted from riding a bike that cost substantially less than the new Bullits and Hecklers, with the latter coming in more expensive, like for like, complete with the lower spec C Carbon.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
It's kind of all relative... those people that were lucky enough to get one of the first Bullits have benefitted from riding a bike that cost substantially less than the new Bullits and Hecklers, with the latter coming in more expensive, like for like, complete with the lower spec C Carbon.

Are the Heckler and Bullit not that same prices?

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Is the new bullit not the same as the old one? I would assume the price increase is just due to a market increase, I work at a shop everythings going up. Or Orbea's just went up roughly the same.

The context of my reply was in relation to JBrown15's comment on current Bullit owners maybe feeling a tad ripped off if a newer, 720wh Bullit comes out next year. That newer Bullit could likely be coming in at the £9.8k mark, so the early Bullit owners will have benefited from a year or more of riding their bikes and having fun, unlike those of us that are still waiting, so I can't really see that there's a lot to complain about. As you quote, prices are up across the board and that includes analogue bikes too and I don't see many complaints about the costs of those anywere near as much as the griping you see about the costs of e-mtb's.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
@Madmountainman is on point. The usual 3-year Santa Cruz bike lifecycle means that a new Bullit could come out at the end of 2023. At that point current Bullit owners have had plenty of time to enjoy their bikes. And personally I paid 1300 euros less for the X01 RSV model that I see it going for at the moment (btw good luck finding one). And to repeat what I said earlier, I think there is still a fair chance that we could see BT-E8037 battery from Shimano with 700Wh (or more) capacity that would fit the current Bullit.

I also think that people are way too fixated on the highest possible battery capacity and motor torque. For me Santa Cruz presents premium design, premium quality and good aftermarket support. I would not switch to a "lower tier" bike just to gain a slightly bigger battery.

Last edited:

Mungalot

Apr 5, 2021
Moon
@Madmountainman is on point. The usual 3-year Santa Cruz bike lifecycle means that a new Bullit could come out at the end of 2023. At that point current Bullit owners have had plenty of time to enjoy their bikes. And personally I paid 1300 euros less for the X01 RSV model that I see it going for at the moment (btw good luck finding one). And to repeat what I said earlier, I think there is still a fair chance that we could see BT-E8037 battery from Shimano with 700Wh (or more) capacity that would fit the current Bullit.

I also think that people are way too fixated on the highest possible battery capacity and motor torque. For me Santa Cruz presents premium design, premium quality and good aftermarket support. I would not switch to a "lower tier" bike just to gain a slightly bigger battery.
Ditto!

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles