Brose s-mag quits in middle of ride

LRB

Apr 12, 2021
Ramona California
I was out on a ride today that included a lot of climbing through loose scree and steep climbs, bike was doing fine. I was on a fire road heading to a run when the motor just quit. I could pedal fine, no resistance from the motor so I was pretty sure it was a software issue. I tried turning it off and on stopped and moving. I gave up and figured it was time to head back to the truck. I bombed down the run and started back up the hill to get back to the parking lot. Didn’t take long to get tired of riding that tank without a motor. Out of desperation (not wanting to push up 800’) I pushed for walk mode and the wheel started moving, I jumped on and started pedaling and just like that the motor started working again. I couldn’t see anything on the Brose site about this so I thought I would pass it along in case it happens to someone else. When I pressed walk it seemed to reboot, so it may be the controller is not working properly. I have a new one being delivered because of another warranty issue (the back screen is flaking away) 2021 Bulls e-stream Evo 4. FYI 2nd warranty issue, battery was replaced after a month.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
The Brose on my Levo cut out mid ride a couple of times, so I took it to the shop for them to have a look at it, only thing they could see wrong was dirt and disc dust build up on the speed magnet on the rear disc. Gave it a clean, no issues since.

Reactions: LRB

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles