Broken motor

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all took bike into dealers last week because motor had become alot louder was told it's fine on way home from ride yesterday and motor got louder again but now sounds lovely like a broken BB on a normal bike and a washing machine with marbles in ! Took it to dealers today to be told motors knackered my question is warranty is up in July and I'm away to Wales in June how long have people's motors been taking to get them sorted in the UK I'm Gona have to ride my xc bike now ? lol

Rotwilder

Apr 19, 2019
West Yorkshire
Depends on the make? Surprisingly my first motor took a week and the second same day. About 160 miles round trip to Leicester though. Justebikes pretty good.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Unfortunately Edinburgh bike company they said it can't even be booked in til 28th then a complained so took it in today but I'm not holding out much hope ?

Rotwilder

Apr 19, 2019
West Yorkshire
That’s not great, it must be a busier shop. My biggest problem is sorting a replacement battery; ordered December and apparently it’s stuck in customs. One thing that lets my shop down is I have to keep chasing for information.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Oh that's crap ? tbh I've found a very nice helpful member on here to lend me an extra battery for our Wales trip I'm fancying a 625 battery but there £600 plus if u can find one ?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I have a similar issue, some noise and vibrations on motor but LBS says it's normal and nothing cannot be done... Warranty expires in two months!!!

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi they tried to fob me off but I went back with a video of YouTube that shows the same noise and said I want it looked at and probably s new motor my warranty is up in July so I want it doing now ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles