Broken button needs replacing? That'll be 239€ please!

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Just so you get to understand just how expensive our toys are, that's the price for replacing this broken button...

IMG_2821_DxOVP.jpg

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Does it still work?

Yes. Although he's discovered that it's difficult to get his fingers onto the button while on the move.

He's a guitarist (if you ever wondered what punk rock stars do after they retire and hit their seventies, now you know), so he has loads of plectrums hanging around. I reckon we can glue a couple together so that one will glue on top of the remaining tab and the other will make up the thickness of the missing button. It should then have enough strength to survive regular use.

The trouble is the disappointment of a bodge on an expensive bit of kit which is only a few months old. I can understand that.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I would guess the surface material is polycarb and operation is a hinge on the inside.....and that still exists with some of the cover still attached. So I would be inclined to fashion a piece of polycarb of suitable thickness and superglue it to the piece still in place. I don't think it requires any waterproofing etc because it simple acts as a paddle lever on the button now exposed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles