Need Handlebar Recommendation Please

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
I'm riding an Orbea Rise and changed out the handlebars to One Up with 35 mm rise. My 25 y/o daughter has inherited my acoustic Stumpy. She likes the higher rise bars I've put on the Orbea. I'm happy to buy her some new ones but don't want to spend much money on what is, in essence, my backup bike. Any suggestions for handlebars in the $50-$65 USD range? I love the One Up but not dropping $150 USD on new bars for the backup bike. Many thanks and happy riding!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'm riding an Orbea Rise and changed out the handlebars to One Up with 35 mm rise. My 25 y/o daughter has inherited my acoustic Stumpy. She likes the higher rise bars I've put on the Orbea. I'm happy to buy her some new ones but don't want to spend much money on what is, in essence, my backup bike. Any suggestions for handlebars in the $50-$65 USD range? I love the One Up but not dropping $150 USD on new bars for the backup bike. Many thanks and happy riding!

Look at it this way, you're not spending money on your backup bike, you're spending money on your daughter.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Are Orbea Rise/Stumpy bars 35mm diameter?
I don't own either but the OP was asking for something similar to the OneUp bars at a fraction of the cost. The OneUp bars only come in 35mm diameter. Any ways, Aliexpress has all kinds of inexpensive 31.8 or 35mm bars that might well be made in the same factory as the Oneup bars. I am running the bars I listed on my Levo SL and riding the trails I always ride. Without knowing more about the OP's daughter's riding abilities and at the risk of being mildly sexist, cheap and possibly coming off as a tad generalizing, how different are the carbon products coming out of China compared to the ones coming out of Taiwan? Once again 🤷‍♂️.

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
Thanks for everyone’s help. We measured and diameter on the Stumpjumper is 31.8. Used these recommendations and found something similar in that size. Appreciate you guys pointing us in the right direction.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Hard to beat OneUp’s e-bar comfort, performance, you’d probably want to cut ‘em down to 760-ish width for her… I suspect she’s worth the extra $100.00!

jonmat

Feb 22, 2020
Sheffield
Has anyone snapped a carbon bar? Can you imagine what that would do to you on a rocky downhill section? You could probably bend a weak aluminium one, but that doesn't sound as bad as snapping one off.

sanyata

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Has anyone snapped a carbon bar? Can you imagine what that would do to you on a rocky downhill section? You could probably bend a weak aluminium one, but that doesn't sound as bad as snapping one off.
From OneUp's site about their e-carbon bar: "It also passes the stringent Zedler E-MTB Advanced Plus standard and the international DH standard (ASTM Cat. 5 Downhill)."

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Has anyone snapped a carbon bar?
Well... the winner of Hardline 2022 snapped his carbon bars off, on the last corner at the World Cup Finals, in Val Di Sole. Jackson maybe a little faster than the average Forum rider but carbon bars will break!

Check minute 3:25 for the unfortunate incident.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles