Levo Gen 2 Broke it .

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Ummm . Yep . Do I need a new hub or does this bit come out . Either way looks like I'm gonna have to visit LBS . At least I'm hoping this is the cause of the horrible " im a motor dieing noises"

20200803_224620.jpg

20200803_224253.jpg

20200803_224245.jpg

20200803_224233.jpg

20200803_224229.jpg

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Specialized only warranties the original owner. You will at least need a new freehub, but there is some weirdness going on. The hub spacer is cut into pretty hard which makes me think the cassette was not properly installed. Another cause could be riding the hub loose causing float. My guess is that you were having some serious shifting issues as well. Most likely the hub needs to be replaced so it is a good opportunity to upgrade.

maynard

Specialized only warranties the original owner. You will at least need a new freehub, but there is some weirdness going on. The hub spacer is cut into pretty hard which makes me think the cassette was not properly installed. Another cause could be riding the hub loose causing float. My guess is that you were having some serious shifting issues as well. Most likely the hub needs to be replaced so it is a good opportunity to upgrade.
Yeah u got all that right. Nice detective work ?. Except the warranty part . Warranty is transferred to new owner with original receipt. Although I won't push for it if they wanna charge me cos I'm the one who put the cassette on. And like the owner he is cool .

maynard

My bike shop told me it would take a week to get the parts on Tuesday. Next day rang me said my wheel was fixed . Not cheap to some . I think to have a professional work on my wheel and do a good job is priceless. Anyways I would spend that on petrol driving to work in two weeks in my truck . So a big up to Lonsdale cyclery. In Braddon ACT. .

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
My Roval wheels are effectively my spare set, heavy , not particularly good and I'm not a fan of DT Swiss hubs ,never had a good set yet

exhook

Jun 1, 2019
Whistler
Had the same issue. Bought a new wheel to get back on the road. Mine was fixed under warranty but took a few weeks. I have a Roval spare set now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles