Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve done a bit of digging, and Trans X and Brand X are the same thing.

Here’s the datasheet, and a Pinkbike review.

IMG_6349.png

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Would like to see a Comparison to Magura’s Vyron dropper, speed, durability etc

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
There’s actually quite a few reviews if you search for TransX EDP01.
General consensus is it’s decent for its price point, but not as quick (or good) as a Reverb AXS.

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
I am trying the tranzx. So far, it's fine. Actuates instantly. Only negative so far is that it's a bit slow and does not have a very loud topout clunk. As long as it works and if I can (eventually) get a spare battery and rebuild kit, I think it will be fine.

It looks like this post may be pretty common soon. I saw that KS has one now too and it looks similar. Not sure if a rebranded version or not.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
I am trying the tranzx. So far, it's fine. Actuates instantly. Only negative so far is that it's a bit slow and does not have a very loud topout clunk. As long as it works and if I can (eventually) get a spare battery and rebuild kit, I think it will be fine.

It looks like this post may be pretty common soon. I saw that KS has one now too and it looks similar. Not sure if a rebranded version or not.
How is the dropper seatpost preforming
Very tempted 170mm on sale at the moment £319.00 a steal really

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
How is the dropper seatpost preforming
Very tempted 170mm on sale at the moment £319.00 a steal really
It's working fine. No issues beyond being kinda of slow and no distinct topout clunk. I live in the northwest and my bike gets hosed down after just about every ride and it's taking that abuse just fine. I charge the post once a week and it is possible to install the battery so that it won't work. You just have to check it after installing the battery and then re-seat it if it's not responding.

If it were me, and I need less than the full 200mm drop I would go with a Reverb AXS or perhaps a Magura Vyron 3. They are around $400 from MAGURA Seatpost Vyron MDS-V3 | 175 mm 31,6 mm, 451,26 €.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
It's working fine. No issues beyond being kinda of slow and no distinct topout clunk. I live in the northwest and my bike gets hosed down after just about every ride and it's taking that abuse just fine. I charge the post once a week and it is possible to install the battery so that it won't work. You just have to check it after installing the battery and then re-seat it if it's not responding.

If it were me, and I need less than the full 200mm drop I would go with a Reverb AXS or perhaps a Magura Vyron 3. They are around $400 from MAGURA Seatpost Vyron MDS-V3 | 175 mm 31,6 mm, 451,26 €.
Did you manage to source a spare battery and service kit by any chance

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Do
I just saw this on CRC website.

A Brand X wireless dropper that has a 200mm option.

I can’t see any reviews or any mention of this other than on the li I above. If they had the 200mm one in stock, I’d be tempted to give it a shot!

Anyone got one yet, or seen anything about them? to £299.00 now. Giveaway for a wireless dropper even if it is abit slower than a reverb

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
This is the TranzX EDP01, rebranded. I have one and I like it although it's busted and been sent back.

The cover over the button on the post fell off and it stopped working. Support has been pretty responsive so far. Just sent it back on Saturday.

$397us/299brit lbs is a great price.

Upsides: price, length, remote feels fine, responsive support.
Downsides: no spares available, slow return speed, firmware updates are convoluted, broke after 3 months.

The main reason I got this was that internal dropper routing on my Fuel EXe is challenging. To adjust or remove the dropper you pretty much have to remove the motor cover, battery and battery tray.

As a result of this failure, I had to spend over an hour re-routing a dropper cable. When I get it back, I may not reinstall it. Not sure yet.

At 379 you could actually have 2 for the cost of one reverb and never have any downtime. Hmm.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
This is the TranzX EDP01, rebranded. I have one and I like it although it's busted and been sent back.

The cover over the button on the post fell off and it stopped working. Support has been pretty responsive so far. Just sent it back on Saturday.

$397us/299brit lbs is a great price.

Upsides: price, length, remote feels fine, responsive support.
Downsides: no spares available, slow return speed, firmware updates are convoluted, broke after 3 months.

The main reason I got this was that internal dropper routing on my Fuel EXe is challenging. To adjust or remove the dropper you pretty much have to remove the motor cover, battery and battery tray.

As a result of this failure, I had to spend over an hour re-routing a dropper cable. When I get it back, I may not reinstall it. Not sure yet.

At 379 you could actually have 2 for the cost of one reverb and never have any downtime. Hmm.
Would you say I take a chance with one of these, or stick with my PNW Cable routed one

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
Would you say I take a chance with one of these, or stick with my PNW Cable routed one
I am struggling with that right now. I have the OneUp v2 back installed and working fine. Unless I make a change that requires a seat height adjustment, I could be 1-2 years until I need to pull it out to do a full service and replace cables.
I am leaning towards staying with the OneUp. We'll see how I feel when I get it back. I could install the TranzX but leave the cable installed as a backup. Not sure yet.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Well down to £299.00 now, a steal for a wireless dropper post even if it's a little bit slower that a reverb
£279.99 at the moment for the 30.9mm
I've had a Reverb AXS for over 4 years now and think I would feel this is inferior... however the price is amazing.

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
£279.99 at the moment for the 30.9mm
I've had a Reverb AXS for over 4 years now and think I would feel this is inferior... however the price is amazing.
I would purchase a reverb or a new Magura had they offered 200mm. Can't believe they don't.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles